What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Slight change in direction in terms of projects on on my avant, and finally making progress with the last part part of the oem "tech" upgrades. Managed to get the mode button on the mfsw working so i can now scroll through the phonebook and make calls via the steering wheel. Also tinkered with the instruments adaptions and got the nav directions display back in the DIS which i lost ages ago.

Just waiting for the new nav disc to arrive and hopefully i can get the full SDS working too
Was it just vcds coding ? Interested to know what you did. My mode button does nothing (rnse mk1 for now, mk2 soon when I find the revision I want)

little addition to the front end, which was reasonably easy to do.
The only problematic bit was getting the first screw in.
Before

xHiZaNk.jpg

After

sICXowk.jpg
Tonight i added a bit to the splitter as there was only screws in the outside thirds, nothing in the middle third.
Due to no support in the middle third, it was starting to flex and sag a little, so i added a bolt, nut and washers into the plastic strut on the centre of the splitter.

5Z14EQT.jpg

8yfmBh6.jpg

mv4MwNv.jpg

Now it's all nice tight and supported properly

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Was it just vcds coding ? Interested to know what you did. My mode button does nothing (rnse mk1 for now, mk2 soon when I find the revision I want)
Yes pretty much. Just a case of tweaking the steering wheel and instruments coding and adaptations to get it all working. I did also have to do a hard reboot of the rnse to get the nav display in the DiS after coding was done.

Drop me a pm if you want some more info, I'd be happy ro help

Tonight i added a bit to the splitter as there was only screws in the outside thirds, nothing in the middle third.
Due to no support in the middle third, it was starting to flex and sag a little, so i added a bolt, nut and washers into the plastic strut on the centre of the splitter.

5Z14EQT.jpg

8yfmBh6.jpg

mv4MwNv.jpg

Now it's all nice tight and supported properly

You see so many of these fitted badly and it really ruins the affect. When i fitted mine, i trimmed the height of the little uprights so it sat level and fixed it tight

You see so many of these fitted badly and it really ruins the affect. When i fitted mine, i trimmed the height of the little uprights so it sat level and fixed it tight
yeah i trimmed mine down when i fitted it, just didn't secure it in the middle.
Luckily there's no damage and it's secured in the middle now too.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Yes pretty much. Just a case of tweaking the steering wheel and instruments coding and adaptations to get it all working. I did also have to do a hard reboot of the rnse to get the nav display in the DiS after coding was done.

Drop me a pm if you want some more info, I'd be happy ro help
Thanks! I will do, when my VCDS arrives, not got it yet, although I have bought a Panasonic Toughbook tablet and maxed its spec out and loaded a 'de-bloated' version of windows.

Also got VAG Can on order too, because I'm hoping to flash the firmware in my door modules to Seat, so the mirrors fold and unfold on lock/unlock.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7 and Donfero
Thanks! I will do, when my VCDS arrives, not got it yet, although I have bought a Panasonic Toughbook tablet and maxed its spec out and loaded a 'de-bloated' version of windows.

Also got VAG Can on order too, because I'm hoping to flash the firmware in my door modules to Seat, so the mirrors fold and unfold on lock/unlock.
I don't think Vag Can can do what you plan, but please keep us updated on outcome.

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk

Do you know how people do it then? do you know ? Maybe I will just have to get some Exeo modules.
I have done it to my car using an Arduino, with also the tilt feature. But if it can be done with an Exeo Module or programing it will save you a lot of rewiring. I have seen it done on a Golf by hacking and editing the can bus data, tried it but ended up damaging the obd device.

Reactions: Inertiauk
You need to check which modules you have in the car at the moment.
Your car has the memory function seats which if I recall uses the correct modules to allow folding mirrors.
you'll need the folding door mirror switch also as its different to the just left/right item.

Do you know how people do it then? Maybe I will just have to get some Exeo modules.
I was under the impression the exeo and b7 used different style door control modules. On a b7 its integrated into the regulator and the exeo was like every other modern vag car with a superate small control module

Finally finished the SDS today. Updated the RNSE firmware and activated SDS in the engineering menu. Luckily the kufatec patchlead for the oem bluetooth made re wiring the mic a 1 sec job.

Even took the passenger seat out in a attemt to fit the proper waterproof case for the BT module, but doesn't seem theres space for it under the carpet. Looked online and an workshop manual suggests its mounted under the right front seat?

Anyway, a couple of other little blingy parts arrived earlier too, ill post a pic when their fitted

Alex

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Finally finished the SDS today. Updated the RNSE firmware and activated SDS in the engineering menu. Luckily the kufatec patchlead for the oem bluetooth made re wiring the mic a 1 sec job.

Even took the passenger seat out in a attemt to fit the proper waterproof case for the BT module, but doesn't seem theres space for it under the carpet. Looked online and an workshop manual suggests its mounted under the right front seat?

Anyway, a couple of other little blingy parts arrived earlier too, ill post a pic when their fitted

Alex
I think its mounted behind the glovebox.

You need to check which modules you have in the car at the moment.
Your car has the memory function seats which if I recall uses the correct modules to allow folding mirrors.
you'll need the folding door mirror switch also as its different to the just left/right item.
Thanks Everyone,

Rob, I have folding mirrors, so I have the switch, I am trying to make them fold on lock/unlock rather than having to remember each time (so far I rarely remember).

I think its mounted behind the glovebox.

Thats where everyone seems to mount them when doing the retrofit to avoid removing half the car. Having said that its a right faf trying to get the glovebox back in with the BT rammed in there. Ill have to do more digging

Bagged a like new set of RS4 pedal covers for my bus, a mod ive been wanting to do for a while now. Very happy with them.

Attachments

• 20211203_143225.jpg
    20211203_143225.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
  • Love
Reactions: Inertiauk, Rob Avant, Fully and 1 other person
I have done it to my car using an Arduino, with also the tilt feature. But if it can be done with an Exeo Module or programing it will save you a lot of rewiring. I have seen it done on a Golf by hacking and editing the can bus data, tried it but ended up damaging the obd device.

B7 Body modules are K-line not CAN BUS, which is where my plans came apart. And probably why you had issues.

Is there a guide anywhere for doing it the 'Ardunio' way ?
Thanks.

The sun was out today so decided to swap over to the decat pipe, I wasn't sure if it was worth bothering with it yet what with a new project in the pipeline, but hey, why not.. :yes:

Adjusted the kw's after a few weeks to settle down, the fronts had settled about 5mm from the first fit, after today's check they are now the same height as the previous H&R setup , so left them alone.
The rears had settled 10mm from the first fit, which was to be expected, adjusted them back up to first fit height, I expect they may drop a tad more over the coming weeks, I'll keep an eye on them.
All in really happy with them.
Decat has a nice rumble too, nice to hear some louder tones sometimes.:yahoo:

Off on a test drive after some nosebag shortly.:icon thumright:
some pics below, phone went flat so none of the ride height as yet, will get some in the morning for ref purposes.
IMG 4048 1
IMG 4051

Reactions: Inertiauk, Jamsmoo and AvantAlexB7
Just been out for a little trundle around the countryside, and what a difference, I'd honestly forgotten what a difference that decat makes to the midrange, the old bus was a bit zippy before but it's very noticeable now indeedy.:yes::yahoo:

Reactions: Inertiauk, Jamsmoo and Fully
The sun was out today so decided to swap over to the decat pipe, I wasn't sure if it was worth bothering with it yet what with a new project in the pipeline, but hey, why not.. :yes:

Adjusted the kw's after a few weeks to settle down, the fronts had settled about 5mm from the first fit, after today's check they are now the same height as the previous H&R setup , so left them alone.
The rears had settled 10mm from the first fit, which was to be expected, adjusted them back up to first fit height, I expect they may drop a tad more over the coming weeks, I'll keep an eye on them.
All in really happy with them.
Decat has a nice rumble too, nice to hear some louder tones sometimes.:yahoo:

Off on a test drive after some nosebag shortly.:icon thumright:
some pics below, phone went flat so none of the ride height as yet, will get some in the morning for ref purposes.
View attachment 246945View attachment 246946

Nose bag Rob !, didn’t have u down as the type ..
Some of the local ne’er do wells who frequent the shadier corners of the local call the old Colombian marching powder that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nose bag Rob !, didn’t have u down as the type ..
Some of the local ne’er do wells who frequent the shadier corners of the local call the old Colombian marching powder that

In our household , it's nothing dodgy James...lol, just good old grub. :yahoo:

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Just some basic pre mot(Tuesday )fettling and fiddling,got the rear screen wash working ,headlight washer squirts too
Swapped to the bbs speedlines as one tyre on the mtms has some grooves to the inner wall ,they were bought from a guy who ran air ride on a beetle ..obviously the wrong offset

Still are james, there's an old style sweet shop not far from us, all the goodies one could ever wish for...not the same as the old sweet shops of my youth but still nice.
I love sherbert dips , humbugs etc , well i have a sweet tooth, yum.

Still are james, there's an old style sweet shop not far from us, all the goodies one could ever wish for...not the same as the old sweet shops of my youth but still nice.
I love sherbert dips , humbugs etc , well i have a sweet tooth, yum.

Love a pear drop or cola cube still ..far better than the haribo tangtastic the bin lids make me buy

Herbal tablets or jakemans this time of year ..sorry guys I should of started a separate thread

It's always good to add in some lightweight replies James, breaks up too much tech talk.:yes:

Can remember nicking my dads fisherman’s friends out the glove box of his rover sd1 back when I was a nipper ,now they were a different level

On the coilover front, my recent change to KW's from the fixed damper setup has highlighted another factor.
Previous setup with H&R springs always felt quite firm on initial compression , KW's seem to have a much softer initial compression, which seems to make for better low speed damping.
The bilsteins were brill with H&R's but these KW's seem to be much better.

B7 Body modules are K-line not CAN BUS, which is where my plans came apart. And probably why you had issues.

Is there a guide anywhere for doing it the 'Ardunio' way ?
Thanks.
The project was all a DIY, trial and error until I got what I what I planned.
I can provide you with all the needed information, and the Arduino sketch but it won't be an easy job.

The project was all a DIY, trial and error until I got what I what I planned.
I can provide you with all the needed information, and the Arduino sketch but it won't be an easy job.

Please it might be one for summer, can you PM me all details.
I might just build my own circuit with a couple of relays and capacitors, but I want to study all options before I do it.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Donfero
On the coilover front, my recent change to KW's from the fixed damper setup has highlighted another factor.
Previous setup with H&R springs always felt quite firm on initial compression , KW's seem to have a much softer initial compression, which seems to make for better low speed damping.
The bilsteins were brill with H&R's but these KW's seem to be much better.
Awesome. I would love to compare the KW to my AP. See how similar they are or aren't, the heresay seems to be mixed messages.

Can we see your lows ?

Please it might be one for summer, can you PM me all details.
I might just build my own circuit with a couple of relays and capacitors, but I want to study all options before I do it.
Let me just gather up all the information I have and its a done deal

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Inertiauk
Appreciate it. Forgot how good this forum can be . I've not used it much in the last few years until recently.
It is a great site with a really good mix of sensible posts from new and experienced members and added light-hearted banter to keep things easy going.
There's nothing worse than a forum that is has no room for mixed replies and conversation that may not be directly related to a specific reply, that why i love this site, it is simply the best.
We have specific and non-specific forums which are brill and there's always room for extra bits in between, it keeps things friendly and light-hearted,i can't be dealing with all the cliquey and stuck up stuff found on other sites.
Long live ASN. :yahoo:

Reactions: Rob Avant, Fully and Inertiauk