What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Removed the Heko wind deflectors from the S4 as the fronts were starting to bulge out and not fit very well. I had to trim them down when i originally fitted them as they barely squeezed in length wise. I like the look of the wind deflectors on the Avant but not so much on the saloon. I have fitted a set of perfect fit blinds which fit spot on and give the tinted look to the rear windows but can removed at any time. I have had them in all my A4/S4's. I think the next mod will be a set of factory front and rear mud flaps, thats if they are still available through TPS.
Those blinds look great, i could have used some of those . :icon thumright:
I'm not a big fan of the wind deflectors' full stop but I can appreciate their use and why owners fit them.:yes:
I just open the rear window a shade to stop the vacuum from being created.

I'm surprised you don't have the electric rear window blind fitted, it was an option like most parts in Audi's but a lot of S4's did come from the factory with it.

I'm surprised you don't have the electric rear window blind fitted, it was an option like most parts in Audi's but a lot of S4's did come from the factory with it.

This S4 seems to have avoided most of the optional extras and is full poverty spec. My last S4 had blinds fitted, power folding mirrors, cooled glovebox and satnav but this one only has RNSE and full leather and I’d have preferred half leather tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This S4 seems to have avoided most of the optional extras and is full poverty spec. My last S4 had blinds fitted, power folding mirrors, cooled glovebox and satnav but this one only has RNSE and full leather and I’d have preferred half leather tbh

Well less to go wrong in someways.

I don't think i've ever seen two B7s of any variant with the same specs.

Reactions: tr7 and Greeny233
I'm not a big fan of the wind deflectors' full stop but I can appreciate their use and why owners fit them.:yes:
I just open the rear window a shade to stop the vacuum from being created.

I would like an electric rear blind, but hard to find.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Removed the Heko wind deflectors from the S4 as the fronts were starting to bulge out and not fit very well. I had to trim them down when i originally fitted them as they barely squeezed in length wise. I like the look of the wind deflectors on the Avant but not so much on the saloon. I have fitted a set of perfect fit blinds which fit spot on and give the tinted look to the rear windows but can removed at any time. I have had them in all my A4/S4's. I think the next mod will be a set of factory front and rear mud flaps, thats if they are still available through TPS.
Where did you get the blinds from?

Ebay, I think the seller was called vanstyle_4x4style. If you search for ‘Tailored Car Sun Shades’ it should bring them up

Ok thanks, they have Carshades label on them in one of your pictures, do they fit correctly?
not falling out,

View attachment 255483

Fitted

Not sure what to make of it. Never saw one on a silver car before. Not many Silver RS4's about and I've never saw a single RS4 in Silver with Black Optics

Looks almost as if something is missing.

Is it the badge?

or am I just too used to seeing 'my old' car and this will take some getting used to. Unsure!
Just looked back at some archive pics on my PC, black/black looks great on blue as aswell.
yours is growing on me more now even without a reg plate.

S4

Reactions: Greeny233, B7Tourer and tr7
Yeh it’s growing on me too

I think with the grill being such a large portion of the front end it definitely changed the look of the car.

It was more like I didn’t recognise my own car

I think it’s going to stay now

Ok thanks, they have Carshades label on them in one of your pictures, do they fit correctly?
not falling out,

Yes that’s right Car Shades, they fit perfectly, they come with some stick on clips to help hold them in but to be honest I haven’t used them as they fit so well. The only thing I’m not too keen on is the rear window blind is two pieces so you see a black line down the middle from the inside but it’s not really visible from the outside.

Reactions: norad97
And that S4 avant has a sunroof, blast it ,i'd love a sunroof.
Yep. I’m missing the wagons sunroof in this weather , also the AC doesn’t work in the GTI :sob:

Attachments

• BF305E92-8B45-4CFC-8463-E7C0278016EA.jpeg
    BF305E92-8B45-4CFC-8463-E7C0278016EA.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: tr7
Yep. I’m missing the wagons sunroof in this weather , also the AC doesn’t work in the GTI :sob:
Just realised that’s a really old picture before I fitted the new lights with clear indicators. Need to pull my finger out and get the old boat sea worthy again

Reactions: NM07 and tr7
I'll find the p&p costs and you pay that, otherwise its £500.
Hey Fully did you you find out costs? - don't worry since I have since bought a great product from 'Sam's Detailing' which did a good job of bringing the fabric back.
And that S4 avant has a sunroof, blast it ,i'd love a sunroof.
They were trouble Rob, more often than not, with blocked drain holes. The beating above any moderate speed of sunroofs (had one on my XJ40 Sovereign) made them rarely used as well.

I use my sunroof all the time, never had any issues. I’ll always have the windows and roof open against using air conditioning, unless stuck in very heavy traffic on a mega hot day. Come to think of it most of the cars I’ve owned have had sunroofs all with no problems, even a few old Austin’s and Rovers too

I use my sunroof all the time, never had any issues. I’ll always have the windows and roof open against using air conditioning, unless stuck in very heavy traffic on a mega hot day. Come to think of it most of the cars I’ve owned have had sunroofs all with no problems, even a few old Austin’s and Rovers too
Austin's and Rovers, Not heard those names for a while...lol

Reactions: boffin486
I had a ZTT 190 with a sunroof though, nice car albeit based loosely around a BMW 5 series .

Reactions: NM07 and Rob Avant
A recent trip to M&S for the wife on wed evening resulted in acquiring an annoying scuff on the rear OZ alloy, arghhhh .

Note to self, don't go there again.:frown new:

Hey Fully did you you find out costs? - don't worry since I have since bought a great product from 'Sam's Detailing' which did a good job of bringing the fabric back.
No been crazy busy with work, but quit that today to chase other avenues.
Glad you're sorted though bud, that's what matters.

So i've added a front grille badge, which will appease a few :thumbs up: but not silver (never)
Before

sICXowk.jpg

After

dGU9uMl.jpg

Also changed the worn gear knob & gaiter.

Before, after and together.

cRP8Iit.jpg

Q8FuSgs.jpg

DnDDTgC.jpg

Reactions: Rob Avant, NM07, B7Tourer and 1 other person
No been crazy busy with work, but quit that today to chase other avenues.
Glad you're sorted though bud, that's what matters.
Thanks Buddy.

Well the Old faithful passed the MOT today with no advisories, except a nail in one of my nearly new Michelin Cross Climates:frown new: Still never any loss of pressure as I've noticed. KMB Oil Pump mod preventative and new cambelt/water pump booked for 19th July, should hopefully see a good few more MOTs along the way:racer:

Reactions: Fully and tr7
Good clean with the range of cleaning products bought by my eldest daughter for Father’s Day
Seems someone had been having their house repointed somewhere close or we’d had a sand storm

Good clean with the range of cleaning products bought by my eldest daughter for Father’s Day
Seems someone had been having their house repointed somewhere close or we’d had a sand storm

IMG 1198

• Love
Reactions: Rob Avant, tr7, Charlie Farley and 3 others

It was Sahara sand again, my old bus was terrible.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
One of the things I’m really appreciating with my current silver B7 over my previous black B7 is how much less it shows dust on the surface. Black looks amazing when clean, but it drove me nuts trying to keep it perfect! Silver seems to do a really great job hiding dust and light dirt.

Reactions: tr7
One of the things I’m really appreciating with my current silver B7 over my previous black B7 is how much less it shows dust on the surface. Black looks amazing when clean, but it drove me nuts trying to keep it perfect! Silver seems to do a really great job hiding dust and light dirt.
People think I’m nuts when I say it.
I intentionally bought a silver car for this reason

When dirty
White cars turn brown
Black cars turn grey
Silver cars turn more Silver!

Also they blend in. Which is handy when you don’t want to stand out..

Reactions: boffin486 and NM07
E543D3EA 37C8 4750 A98E 9DF138A9869C

Greeted with this beauty last night.

Glorious.

• Sad
Reactions: B7Tourer and NM07
I totally agree but I've had a lot of Silver cars and they are very hard to keep looking shiny - you see so many of them that look dull. Black is a nightmare and if it's pearl like mine it will show every swirl too when the light catches it so. But every week when I have it valeted it looks stellar for a day or two. White attracts more of the nightmare seagull **** too I've noticed and will cry out any rust. Some of the new Audis with a metallic light blue or darker grey seem to hold up. Red too is a great colour. It has occupied me a lot for the next car that I hope to join the 'old' stable.

Reactions: NM07
People think I’m nuts when I say it.
I intentionally bought a silver car for this reason

When dirty
White cars turn brown
Black cars turn grey
Silver cars turn more Silver!

Also they blend in. Which is handy when you don’t want to stand out..
My previous car was silver, I’m sure I didn’t wash it half as much as I do the wagon. Black cars are definitely a pain to keep clean!
Out of curiosity, what’s the warning light? I’ve not seen that before

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Wagon is back on the road :yahoo:it’s only been a month but I’ve missed it. Managed to get it up on the ramps at my mates garage at last now all sorted

• Love
Reactions: boffin486, tr7, NM07 and 1 other person
My previous car was silver, I’m sure I didn’t wash it half as much as I do the wagon. Black cars are definitely a pain to keep clean!
Out of curiosity, what’s the warning light? I’ve not seen that before
DPF

Haven't had a chance yet to get it plugged in. I've to install Windows on my new Mac to use VCDS again

I'm going to try a forced regeneration.

Otherwise it's coming out altogether

Reactions: NM07 and Rob Avant
I personally prefer the Chrome surround on a grille- it set it all off better - particularly on a silver car!
I have been working on the old bus as well today - I picked up a much larger battery off GumTree (A Bosch 100Ah version) which I have shoehorned into the 'battery hole' today. I had to modify the under support bracket slightly (cut off the end stop) to get it in & it uses ALL the available space in the hole.......
Not very exciting but every little helps!

DSC 0958

DSC 0959