What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Close to the Original S Line ones - I like. :thumbs up:
The reason they look so similar to the special edition and DTM alloys is exactly that.

from OZ themselves.

Superturismo LM embodies the racing DNA of OZ wheels to perfection. A technical multi-spoke wheel inspired by the racing wheels used on Audi cars in endurance races. A unique design, featuring the style elements and technical details of the true protagonist of the famous Sarthe circuit. The racing wheel inspiration can be found in all the details, especially in the central part where the hollowed-out effect gives Superturismo LM an even racier style.

Finally arrived.
BC0084AC 72B6 4892 8AF5 01817E7A9183

• Love
Reactions: Rob Avant, Tyrer and NM07
hopefully getting wheels swapped this afternoon, then organising some leather treatment for all the interior bits, this intense sunlight and heat just destroys any sort of hide and I can't have that.

Looking a bit more special edition again.
:icon thumright:

IMG 5499

• Love
Reactions: boffin486, quattrogone, Tyrer and 5 others
Looking lovely Rob, bet you're chuffed to bits. Silver wheels suit black cars much better than dark wheels in my opinion. :icon thumright:

I do like dark rims and the anthracite OZ 's were nice but just seemed to be lost on a black car.
the new silver ones match the S4 mirror covers and roof rails now so that is a bonus.

I think the multi-spoke design is so well suited to the B7 shape, just looks right.

Reactions: boffin486 and tr7
Just need to get the uprated engine project a bit further on, along with all the other bits..

It's always nice when contrasting styling elements match on a car I think, as you said the wheels now match the other satin chrome brightwork, and looks very OEM :smile:

Just a shame audi never did the Ronals in 19" as it would have saved me so much messing around over the years...lol
But hey, that wouldn't have been so much fun. :icon thumright:

Reactions: NM07
Just need to spend an hour cleaning the other set of OZ alloys , get them looking a spanking as i can , i just hate mucky alloys on or off the car...lol

I'm the same Rob, as you probably could have guessed lol, the face and barrel always have to be spotless. I've always used wheel woolies to get the barrels clean, and when Larry @ AMMO NYC came out with the flow through woolly, I had to buy it. Absolute game changer when hooked up to a foamer, makes it so easy to give them a deep clean, can't recommend it enough.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
It doesn't have to be used exclusively with a waterless wash, if you're at home and have access to a hose, you could instead fill the foamer up with wheel soap, or even just car shampoo, and it works just as well :)

It doesn't have to be used exclusively with a waterless wash, if you're at home and have access to a hose, you could instead fill the foamer up with wheel soap, or even just car shampoo, and it works just as well :)
looks like another to get item, any recommended sources?

I'm the same Rob, as you probably could have guessed lol, the face and barrel always have to be spotless. I've always used wheel woolies to get the barrels clean, and when Larry @ AMMO NYC came out with the flow through woolly, I had to buy it. Absolute game changer when hooked up to a foamer, makes it so easy to give them a deep clean, can't recommend it enough.

And they are another set of my favourite alloys, Porsche cup alloys.
Excellent items, had them on my 964 :icon thumright:

looks like another to get item, any recommended sources?
Unfortunately (as far as I'm aware) they're only available directly from the AMMO NYC shop in the US at the moment, so shipping costs a fair bit.

But it's the sort of tool you only need to buy once, they last forever, so I didn't mind paying it.

Unfortunately (as far as I'm aware) they're only available directly from the AMMO NYC shop in the US at the moment, so shipping costs a fair bit.

But it's the sort of tool you only need to buy once, they last forever, so I didn't mind paying it.
Ok thanks chap, i have a good friend that visits Chicago several times a year , might have a chat with him nearer the time he goes again.

When rummaging in the OZ alloy boxes for the centre caps, they kindly left 2 spares in one box, i suspect that was just an accident at the packing stage but handy all the same. :icon thumright:

Reactions: boffin486
Gave the painted area on the underside of the bonnet a clean the other day. Something I've been putting off for a while as it was properly oily/greasy. I never understand why people make such a massive mess when oiling hinges/catches, just globs of goop everywhere. Under the bonnet now looks fresh to match the clean engine bay.

IMG 1054

Reactions: boffin486, Tyrer, Rob Avant and 1 other person
Gave the painted area on the underside of the bonnet a clean the other day. Something I've been putting off for a while as it was properly oily/greasy. I never understand why people make such a massive mess when oiling hinges/catches, just globs of goop everywhere. Under the bonnet now looks fresh to match the clean engine bay.

View attachment 257761
That is just way too clean chap, I think I should start a new thread for the cleanest B7, I think you'd win by a long, long way. :yahoo: :yes:

something to be proud off indeedy chap, now pop over and do mine.

That is just way too clean chap, I think I should start a new thread for the cleanest B7, I think you'd win by a long, long way. :yahoo: :yes:

something to be proud off indeedy chap, now pop over and do mine.
Thanks Rob, detailing is a big hobby of mine, I find it really therapeutic and a great stress reliever.

I'm going to make it my mission to find a spec of dirt or grease on your car if it's the last thing i do...lol

• Haha
Reactions: B7Tourer and NM07
cleaned up the anthracite oz's and they do look really good, just a shame they get lost on my black bus with black tyres.
probably one of the best colours for them to be honest off the car.
still need to be sold now .
IMG 5511
IMG 5512

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamsmoo, NM07, Rob Avant and 1 other person
Spotless and a credit to you, sir! I need to tackle mine at some point. The slam panel has a bit of unsightly surface rust, the only rust now on the car. I think the car sat unused for some time in the damp, before I got it. I'm going to hammerite it, once I've cleaned the rust off. It looks a pig to mask off the surrounding plastic though. I thought of buying a new slam panel but it is only surface rust. After that I plan to have it waxoyled before winter.

Spotless and a credit to you, sir! I need to tackle mine at some point. The slam panel has a bit of unsightly surface rust, the only rust now on the car. I think the car sat unused for some time in the damp, before I got it. I'm going to hammerite it, once I've cleaned the rust off. It looks a pig to mask off the surrounding plastic though. I thought of buying a new slam panel but it is only surface rust. After that I plan to have it waxoyled before winter.
Thank you I appreciate that :smile: Mine has the same issue with some bubbling on the slam panel, seems to be very common on these, almost every B7 I've seen has some surface rust there. Tempted to remove mine and have it shot blasted and powder coated. Not sure how much work it is to remove though, not done it before.

Mine has the same issue with some bubbling on the slam panel, seems to be very common on these, almost every B7 I've seen has some surface rust there. Tempted to remove mine and have it shot blasted and powder coated. Not sure how much work it is to remove though, not done it before.
Yes I'd be interested to know too. I think it's quite involved - whole front off, fans detached, lights etc. I think they only rust on that top part where damp sits and so it seems a bit unnecessary to me. It's deceptively thick metal and I am sure it's only surface rust.

I do like dark rims and the anthracite OZ 's were nice but just seemed to be lost on a black car.
the new silver ones match the S4 mirror covers and roof rails now so that is a bonus.

I think the multi-spoke design is so well suited to the B7 shape, just looks right.
Just need a DTM front and rear bumper now...

Just need a DTM front and rear bumper now...
i did have the front bumper all painted up and ready to fit, then changed my mind..I still think it was the wrong decision but thats life.
before and after painting brilliant black.
IMG 2421
IMG 2659

I might be one of the only people that really dislikes the DTM styling. Never thought it really suited the elegant look of the B7, looks too much like an aftermarket bodykit that doesn't belong.

AUDI-A4-DTM-Edition-1565_24.jpeg

The massive holes under the grille, lack of foglights, chicken wire vent covers that don't match the grille (or have the nice hexagonal design of the RS4), and random cutouts on the far edges (that serve no purpose and are filled by a cheap plastic cover). Just not for me. I think you made the right decision @I'm Just Rob.

The RS4 managed to achieve the look sporty and aggressive look the DTM was aiming for, while staying in-keeping with the B7 design language. Just night and day difference IMO.

car_photo_344347.jpg

I might be one of the only people that really dislikes the DTM styling. Never thought it really suited the elegant look of the B7, looks too much like an aftermarket bodykit that doesn't belong.

AUDI-A4-DTM-Edition-1565_24.jpeg

The massive holes under the grille, lack of foglights, chicken wire vent covers that don't match the grille (or have the nice hexagonal design of the RS4), and random cutouts on the far edges (that is filled by a cheap plastic cover that serves no purpose). Just not for me. I think you made the right decision @I'm Just Rob.

The RS4 managed to achieve the look sporty and aggressive look the DTM was aiming for, while staying in-keeping with the B7 design language. Just night and day difference IMO.

car_photo_344347.jpg
It is basically the same design except the rs4 has the fog lamp integrated into the intakes instead of one large vent, the rs4 intake vents are actually deeper than the DTM , but it doesnt look it.
Rs4 bumper is also marginally deeper, not by much and deeper grill too.
The more aggressive RS4 bumper looks better because of the flared wheel arches which balance things out, the standard wheel arches look a bit narrow for a flaired front bumper.

just my input, also colour makes a massive difference to how they look.

It is basically the same design except the rs4 has the fog lamp integrated into the intakes instead of one large vent, the rs4 intake vents are actually deeper than the DTM , but it doesnt look it.
Rs4 bumper is also marginally deeper, not by much and deeper grill too.
The more aggressive RS4 bumper looks better because of the flared wheel arches which balance things out, the standard wheel arches look a bit narrow for a flaired front bumper.

just my input, also colour makes a massive difference to how they look.
I have to respectfully disagree with you there Rob about it being basically the same as the RS4, there are quite a few differences for me. The DTM bumper has a completely flat/linear lip, unlike the S and RS which have two protruding flares either side of the grille, under the foglights, a subtle styling cue that in my opinion really suits the B7. Neither the standard car or the DTM have that, and both look amiss without it in my book.

I also dislike the integrated splitter, I think it makes the front look too fussy. For me, the design language of the B7 has always been fairly minimalist, with clean lines, it's what really draws me to them. Also as I mentioned before, the massive holes under the grille are far too big in my opinion, and look very out of place.

But everyone has their preference and I totally respect that. The most important thing is to have your car look the way that makes you happy :icon thumright: Just sharing my preferences.

I have to respectfully disagree with you there Rob about it being basically the same as the RS4, there are quite a few differences for me. The DTM bumper has a completely flat/linear lip, unlike the S and RS which have two protruding flares either side of the grille, under the foglights, a subtle styling cue that in my opinion really suits the B7. Neither the standard car or the DTM have that, and both look amiss without it in my book.

View attachment 257816

I also dislike the integrated splitter, I think it makes the front look too fussy. For me, the design language of the B7 has always been fairly minimalist, with clean lines, it's what really draws me to them. Also as I mentioned before, the massive holes under the grille are far too big in my opinion, and look very out of place.

But everyone has their preference and I totally respect that. The most important thing is to have your car look the way that makes you happy :icon thumright: Just sharing my preferences.
I know what you mean :icon thumright: