What have you done today?

Repaired some split breather pipes and stripped out the rear interior

No mate,it's old skool 2 stroke,mix the oil with the petrol,takes me back to my moped days :sentimental:

oh the beautiful smell - 2 stroke energy induction power band probably the closest to a turbo without a turbo.

Reactions: NathA3, S3JACKSON and SamHendry
Went to get n/a inlet cams off of an AGN. I've come out with the flat cam cover
IMG 2325

And also found that the AGN is large port head
IMG 2324

Unfortunately my t30 broke trying to crack one of the cam brackets so I have to go back. Thinking I should just take the head TBH...

Oh and I left my cam tensioner compressor there too. Oops lol

Reactions: Sam_ and Dohcwp
Upgraded the Alpine headunit over weekend, fitted a newer version with Bluetooth, etc

The old Alpine was good tbh, but this is even louder lol
Hands free, charges phones and connects to iPhone and android
I still like the Alpines, they still manage to look period... I don't want owt too flash, aslong as it does it's job

So today after putting it off for a long time I decided to tackle fitting the 3" downpipe....
Wow what a job, all done with the car only lifted on jacks in the garage which I would not advise.
Original dp took far far to long to get off, new one took about 30 seconds to fit back up!
On brighter notes, just won a set of lcr calipers with really decent condition pads and discs, just a rebuild and a lick of paint and they are a bargain

Reactions: jojo
today I prepare wheels with "summer shoes" ..... season is open ... the asphalt is warmed up :racer:

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

... mcguiars work wonders :rock: ...
72.jpg

Reactions: Alex C, feck_on_a_stick, jojo and 6 others
since it's a public holiday in SA today i've gone to the cinema to go and watch Logan and it was definately worth it.

Reactions: Sandra and Ash-S3
Spent nearly 2 hours trying to get my sparco horn to work .......... FAIL !

Reactions: SamHendry
slowly slowly catch the monkey...

on my 3rd day of attack, I now have managed to break off / remove the of intercoolers (yeah some oil came out - that's rough) the battery side one was a nightmare I did end up breaking it off to get to the bolts under the battery and wiring loom.

so I have the new intercooler bolted on an angle bracket at the top and some little alloy straps at the bottom, the fitting kit I got is total sh*te (not enough bends) so I have also bought a 2.5 inch ST fitting kit which has lots of bends.

I have a concern that there was some weird negative wire connector with household wire and insulation table running near the lights - so lord only knows if they will ever work again and all I can say is there is a lot of oil on the front of the engine - this really is on its last legs)

I changed winter to summer tires. Some idiot at the local tire shop tightened the bolts to an inch of their lives. (I usually mount my own wheels, but this was a curtoisy of the shop owner... Blatenedly f*cked up by the mechanic)
Took me a 1m extension to get them of
IMG 20170325 114343

What a crazy day (yesterday) kinda under estimated the nightmare job of fitting trailing arm front bush's as well as Silver Project lower tie arms, new drop links and Super Pro ARB bushes (on the rear) of mine then fitting some AP coilovers, ARB bushes and front drop links on @Grundy 's S3 as well as helping our mate 'chav' replace his coilovers on his 6n2 Polo, maybe we should have allowed more than one day

3079cbf0581bc6c23aa2b89daa97d0b2.jpg

3bcd5211816ad50b754f76d2d8808b71.jpg

be1b71ec0e556b82bd5a355d4aca1b8a.jpg

7469197748ebe7f7ca73f366d91e9426.jpg

c81180b025049784ce5176ce801e5d10.jpg

I can honestly say that trailing arm front bush was one of the worst jobs I've done so far on the s3, one side went back in fine but the other cradle bracket didn't want to line up what so ever but after three hours of persistence it finally went back in right Big thanks to @Grundy for your help dude

Due to the amount of time lost refitting my trailing arm we didn't manage to get the front coils done on grundys but we got the rears in which look great

5e16d35bfb8c46e4c76a104fba5926ed.jpg

1ae1c08d9180f620a4c7064d8f7ee571.jpg

Our mate being the chav he is went so low he got stuck getting out of the unit

e8677357908cca083248fabd20190eca.jpg

b602e083a138c0d8ed3e0937a9c3da60.jpg

Long *** day

Steve

Reactions: IPG, jojo, Grundy and 2 others
this month i wanted to sort my exhaust since its blowing alot and sounding like a diesel going down the street, but since i live in SA and we have a corrupt IDIOT for a president, he has done some stupid **** this week in regards to the finance Minister.

Thus our currency that was strengthening is tanking again and I was initially going to purchase the nav unit next month cause the rand was going the break the R12 to the $ barrier but things are going in the opposite direction and i had to take the plunge on it. so my exhaust repairs will have to wait another month unfortunately

this is what i have purchased

Ddd

its runs windows ce 6. (the android units cost about double) and yes its not as feature packed as android headunits but i doubt i would have used half the features available on there and since tourque and the elm 327 are not friendly with my ecu, why spend the extra money i dont need to. also the win ce headunits are lesser specced than the android units but they boot faster and are less buggy on average.

Resistance too high in drivers side tensioner igniter fault fixed

IMG 2546

Did some sleuthing and found there was a break in the wiring - un did the electrical tape to find the wires were just twisted together. Got the soldering stuff out.

Airbag light. Gone

Repair cheap aftermarket audi R8 oil cap ... E-Bay from Poland for 26 € (22,26 GBP) :

... chrome soon begin to peel off (after a month and a half) ...
06.jpg

... quality is ... nah ... I cant find words ...
07.jpg

... glued together ... dechroming ...
10.jpg

... plastick primer .... primer ... grinding ... preparation for coloring ...
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

... comparison between the OEM and the Polish copy ...
15.jpg

16.jpg

you know what they say: less money, less music :whistle2: but i am still not ready to give 26€ for nothing especially not for cheap Chinese products from Poland :)

Reactions: jojo and Solberg
Repair cheap aftermarket audi R8 oil cap ... E-Bay from Poland for 26 € (22,26 GBP) :

... chrome soon begin to peel off (after a month and a half) ...
06.jpg

... quality is ... nah ... I cant find words ...
07.jpg

... glued together ... dechroming ...
10.jpg

... plastick primer .... primer ... grinding ... preparation for coloring ...
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

... comparison between the OEM and the Polish copy ...
15.jpg

16.jpg

you know what they say: less money, less music :whistle2: but i am still not ready to give 26€ for nothing especially not for cheap Chinese products from Poland :)

Good save!!!

Or you could say. "Buy cheap, buy twice" or at least prepair to repair

When you strip your dogbone bolt hole :(

Attachments

• IMG_2586.JPG
    IMG_2586.JPG
    462.8 KB · Views: 159
Started to fit my ap coilovers to my s3, got the rears done and it's no lower then my spring setup ! Then I couldn't get the front shocks out of the hub !!!! How do people do it ?

Reactions: NIGE28
Had my S3 nearly two years now and still love working on it to get it just how i want.

I was never happy with the gear change so i fitted the Japan spec gearbox lever with a Diesel Geek bush kit and R32 dog bone.

This has made such a difference, it's like a different car now!

Reactions: IPG
What's the difference between the r32 dogbone?

I put some more rent on the old girl for another year,£295!

A bit of detailing to try and get my car as mint as i can

Just one more option to add to my car after adding chrome mirrors, centre armrest and auto dim mirror

Reactions: Mav190sline, feck_on_a_stick and IPG
write up on the auto dimmer please??? :)

Final thing to fix up on Minger before going in for roadworthy

17951856_10210472356658116_7137817635135849359_n.jpg

17903368_10210472357458136_3942437770887473080_n.jpg

17904315_10210472357818145_7519045758642924999_n.jpg

the gap was literally an inch wide!!! i've not seen them so bad!!!

how easy are the top mounts to change?

incidentally, minger progress wise - has it lost any coolant after you flushed and replaced? as it sounded like the previous owner kept topping it up from a tap?

how easy are the top mounts to change?

incidentally, minger progress wise - has it lost any coolant after you flushed and replaced? as it sounded like the previous owner kept topping it up from a tap?

I wouldn't say "easy" but not a clutch job! LOL From 1-10 i would rate it at a 7? Main thing is to have the correct tools - rattle gun works a treat!

No coolant loss on the daily - biggest thing i was looking for was rust in the overflow bottle which it didn't have so i think i got to it in time :)

Treated the old girl to some new bits....

Attachments

• IMG_6814.JPG
    IMG_6814.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_6815.JPG
    IMG_6815.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_6816.JPG
    IMG_6816.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 142
Been playing around making my new exhaust system

Starting to get the hang of this tug stuff now and enjoying it (although hated the manifold!!)

Can't wait to wind her up and see what it does, for once should have a build that flows on the hot side

Reactions: feck_on_a_stick, S3JACKSON, Tj 0785 and 1 other person