What have you done today?

Finally got my horn working ! Turns out I had a clock spring from an a4 so none of the wires matched, but after putting on an 8l clock in it all works. Happy days

Finally got my horn working ! Turns out I had a clock spring from an a4 so none of the wires matched, but after putting on an 8l clock in it all works. Happy days

Beep beep!

May sound dumb but a clock spring? What is it?

Clock spring is the flat cable that runs from the steering wheel to the fixed part of the steering rack. It allows you to have buttons on your steering wheel ;-)

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Beep beep!

May sound dumb but a clock spring? What is it?

from wiki

In vehicle steering systems a clock spring or clockspring is a spiral-wound special rotary electrical connector which allows a vehicle's steering wheel to turn while still making an electrical connection between the steering wheel airbag and/or the vehicle's horn and other devices and the vehicle's electrical systems.

What they said lol also helps align your steering wheel and somehow effects the esp as Well

Does this mean the Noggys back up and running?
No where near y friend. No wherr near. LOL

I've just coded in my colormfa cluster into the daily as I needed to use the cluster to do a screen repair on for another 8l owner. Just a temporary thing. But oooohhhh how I've missed it!!!

so i put it all together last night. just waiting for the silicone to dry.
All in so far its cost me around £5.

Paint tin, adapters for the air hose and normal hose and some washers to make a better seal. also used some high temp silicone - same stuff used on the sump.

6sfJz7S.jpg

close up of the adapters

i9HzxDM.jpg

and finally all put together. I also have for glycerin which i will soak a rag with and then burn it. it should create a good amount of smoke.

6zUy8L4.jpg
So do you just blow like a balloon into a hose fitting or will you use compressed air??? Will the lid not pop off using compressed air???

I've just coded in my colormfa cluster into the daily as I needed to use the cluster to do a screen repair on for another 8l owner. Just a temporary thing. But oooohhhh how I've missed it!!!

That Minger is going to turn into a Minter,soon you'll have two cracking Noggys.

So do you just blow like a balloon into a hose fitting or will you use compressed air??? Will the lid not pop off using compressed air???

i will be using compressed air at 1 psi. if i cant get my compresser to go that low then i will use one of those 12v pumps used to inflate the blow up beds. i will remove the air filter and put a latex glove over it. that way if the pressure is too much the glove will blow off the end before any damage is done.

i'm hoping to get time tomorrow to give it a go

Reactions: IPG
i will be using compressed air at 1 psi. if i cant get my compresser to go that low then i will use one of those 12v pumps used to inflate the blow up beds. i will remove the air filter and put a latex glove over it. that way if the pressure is too much the glove will blow off the end before any damage is done.

i'm hoping to get time tomorrow to give it a go

i like this setup! lol

That Minger is going to turn into a Minter,soon you'll have two cracking Noggys.
I am thinking to put the GTRS (with rebuilt GTX style comp wheel) kit on it (minus the NLS/LC map mod) and sell it off with the little bump in power...

...or sell off the GTRS kit complete with DP, tune, injectors, intake.... not sure....

Picked up some new fog lights from the previous owner and discovered he had fitted a new Haldex....should I be worried orrr:sign omg:

As long as it's working I wouldn't be worried it's better than having to get one yourself

... the older I get, the more stupid things i do .... Today I did it another one ... i bought another runner for my collection ...
tt-004.jpg

god have mercy on me please :)

Reactions: IPG, jojo, superkarl and 1 other person
... the older I get, the more stupid things i do .... Today I did it another one ... i bought another runner for my collection ...

Was there a comb and pair of scissors in the glovebox when you got it home?

Reactions: hydro s3, Solberg, MikeSel^ and 5 others
Thanks Sandra. Thought I got over it a couple of days ago but I'm feel just as bad again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Get well soon. Will catch you through the week. :) x

Reactions: Phil-1
I had my dog die in my arms as I was getting him to the car to take to vet as he suddenly started fitting. Took him to vet day before with a chest infection and he suddenly went down hill. I had him 9 years:blownose:

I had my dog die in my arms as I was getting him to the car to take to vet as he suddenly started fitting. Took him to vet day before with a chest infection and he suddenly went down hill. I had him 9 years:blownose:

Man,I'm gutted for you,hope you can get over the emptiness by remembering all those great times you had with him.And you were with him for his final moments,I'm sure that would have been comforting for him.

My old fella just turned twelve last week,drove a 300 mile round trip to the beach so he could have a paddle for ten minutes.

Happy memories,that's what you need.Thinking of you mate.

Reactions: jojo and Sandra
Really sorry to hear that. You had him 9 happy years, you will have lots of lovely memories. :) x

Damn to, sorry to hear that.

I know this won't help, but remember the good times. No point trying to "get over it" just live on with good memories.

Sent from a green cloud on planet Procrastination

Yeah it was a sad day, he will be missed but life goes on

Reactions: jojo
Nothing much to update, but I replaced the after run coolant pump on my 8L, the existing one was intermittent, but the used replacement seems to be working as intended! :)

Now I have to see if there's a possibility of getting it ready for ADI in October? I have the bits in my garage still attached to my black car, it's time I should swop some bits over. Just need the motivation and time!

Now I have to see if there's a possibility of getting it ready for ADI in October? I have the bits in my garage still attached to my black car, it's time I should swop some bits over. Just need the motivation and time!

Get it done DK...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: jojo
installed the HID kit wow what a difference, after almost 6 years i can finally see things in a different light :grin:

Reactions: Erikn89nl
Couple things.

First

After run coolant pump v.2
IMG 2822

About 3x cheaper than the Bosch units. Works a charm.

And. Fixing up a mates TT while waiting for block to be done. Seized turbo. I say "yeah I'll do the swap!!!"

*play horror music*
IMG 2847
Of course the e14 "points" snap off!!!
Oh. And...

Of course the other two round off!!! (Bottom one is where I was trying to hack a way to make it budge. No luck)
IMG 2844

ARGH!!! So the head's coming off.

Of course the e14 "points" snap off!!!
Oh. And...

Of course the other two round off!!! (Bottom one is where I was trying to hack a way to make it budge. No luck)

Did you heat the bolts up first with a blow torch?

<tuffty/>

What he said lol
Cheers.....

Ive been running without fogs pretty much since I brought it 5 years ago (don't like fogs tbh).
Got some trumpet air intakes that I was ment to fit like last year or so (never got round to it).

Your idea looks good....

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Thanks dude, can't believe no one makes any foglight blanks for 8l considering how many intercooler setups you cant fit fogs in !