What I don’t like about my A3

3 months in, my gripes are:

1. Have to turn engine on to unwind mirrors - and use MMI for wipers to service mode - pain when about to clean car
2. Not being able to permanently turn off idiot aids - lane departure a real bug bear, at least the others you can turn sensitivity right down
3. Cup holders were in a better position in the 8V - why put them where your arm goes?
4. USB sockets should be in the armrest or glovebox - halfway up the storage area is a silly place and unsightly
5. What on earth did they waste their money on the audiapp for? - unlocking your car with this is a gimmick as it takes longer for me to unlock phone, open app and press than to just reach into my pocket and press the fob. Showing where your car is parked in relation to you must be for a special type of owner (I have never forgotten where I left it - and it doesn't go off for a trip on it's own)
6. Seats should be full leather not part real and part synthetic
7. Not being able to disable alerts that some idiots have their fog lights on - I took my first long drive, admittedly it was wet and grey, but having the limited visibility warning every 10-15 minutes was just frustrating.
8. I am convinced the rear space and boot are smaller than the 8V
9. Periodically forgetting the MMI has been set up already and reminding me to go through the quick set up guide

Other than that - love it!
The Audi App is rubbish - I don't even have the facility to lock or unlock - Was told it wasn't ordered when built - What a load of bull

With regards to the Service mode - Turn ignition on (if you've not already started the car) and then off and then hold the wiper stalk right down for a few seconds and it puts it in service mode without going into the MMI

The Audi App is rubbish - I don't even have the facility to lock or unlock - Was told it wasn't ordered when built - What a load of bull

With regards to the Service mode - Turn ignition on (if you've not already started the car) and then off and then hold the wiper stalk right down for a few seconds and it puts it in service mode without going into the MMI
Perfect - I know that was how you did it in the 8V - but you also had a key!!

Thank you.

I'm so glad I have a 14 year old A3 that doesn't have all of this electronic ******** on it :yahoo:

Does your 14 year old A3 go round corners as quick & flat as new one? :tonguewink:
Quick enough for the road conditions. There's a lovely stretch of road on my commute with some nice bends that tighten up. I can go around those at NSL speed :whistle2: and it feels firm and planted.

That said I don't go nuts, I'm too old for that $h!t, I've had my racing years. I bought the car for the comfort factor, I have motorbikes for spirited riding :smilingimp:

Reactions: DreamInCode