What is Cold Diagnosis in Long Coding?

ahed

Reaction score
Hi All

Am intersted in knowing What is Cold Diagnosis in Long Coding do?
Would that disable lights out error message on the screen?
What am trying to say is that if this is programmed, would i be able to fit LED bulbs without having the error message showing up?

2nd...would this cable be okay to use with VCDS? and what version ?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390213883319&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I need to be able to use the long coding please!

Many thanks

If you fit LED bulbs that are 'canbus error-free' then you should not get the warning light.

However, finding the right LED's is not easy because a lot of them state error free but on Audi's they are not !

Turning off cold diagnosis will remove the warning light but the LED's won't work because the system still turns off the power to the bulbs if not enough current present.

Sorry but I can't comment on whether or not that cable is suitable for your car.

If you fit LED bulbs that are 'canbus error-free' then you should not get the warning light.

However, finding the right LED's is not easy because a lot of them state error free but on Audi's they are not !

Turning off cold diagnosis will remove the warning light but the LED's won't work because the system still turns off the power to the bulbs if not enough current present.

Sorry but I can't comment on whether or not that cable is suitable for your car.

ok, which LED bulbs do you recommand please if you know of any?
Thanks for the help.

I assume you are talking about sidelights and you don't mention what car or what type of bulb it is !

Last edited:
I assume you are talking about sidelights and you don't mention what car or what type of bulb it is !

Sorry mate my mistake, Yes side lights and rear number plate bulbs, its an Audi A3 Sportback 2006 DSG 2.0T FSI
Thanks dude.

I believe that the cold diagnosis is basically a start up check of the bulbs - and that you will still get a bulb failure if you turn it off when you turn the lights on.

Now it is a PITA if you want to fit LED replacements, but it is a fantastic warning system.

Paul

Cold diagnosis is exactly what it says, it checks the circuits when the bulbs arent in use hence Cold, as when used they're Hot