What is the best way to clean Meguiars Polishing G220 Pads?

CHRIS555

DOPE with added OCD
Reaction score
As above - what is the best way to clean my DA Pads - I have heard you can machine wash them but I just wanted to check this is ok?

Yep, stick them on a cool wash with just washing powder but no fabric softener, you can stick your microfibres in at the same time. They will also tumble dry if you need to get them done overnight.

There are cleaning products out there which claim to be designed just for washing pads and cloths but in my experience they are no better than your standard non bio washing powder ;)

Pretty much as above but don't use washing powder: you can get granules which don't dissolve and get trapped in the pad: when you next come to polish, these granules get moved across the paint and can cause damage.

A liquid non-bio is far safer.

The same rules apply for microfibre towels and hand applicator pads.

Pretty much as above but don't use washing powder: you can get granules which don't dissolve and get trapped in the pad: when you next come to polish, these granules get moved across the paint and can cause damage.

Gotta say I've been washing my pads and cloths with powder for years and never had a problem but I don't overload the machine with cloths or put it on the 'half load' setting