what is the max boost pressure the gtc1459vz can take (garrett cr170)

arronleeds

Reaction score
as the title says does anyone know what the max boost the cr170 turbo can take, the garrett from the cfgb engine, here is a datazap of a log i did, my car is stage 2 with no dpf and has egr delete, the map has been set to request 1.75 bar from 2.3k all the way to 4.2k then it drops off to 1.65, seems too much in my opinion?

as the title says does anyone know what the max boost the cr170 turbo can take, the garrett from the cfgb engine, here is a datazap of a log i did, my car is stage 2 with no dpf and has egr delete, the map has been set to request 1.75 bar from 2.3k all the way to 4.2k then it drops off to 1.65, seems too much in my opinion?

Peak of 1.7 bar and tailing off to 1.6 bar is exactly where these should be at stage 2 :thumbs up:

I've just had mine tuned and this is exactly what it's requesting, however I have an over boost of 1.8 bar on spool and a random under boost of 1.5 at around 3.8k when it's requesting 1.6 bar... Both me and the tuner scratching our heads as to what's going on there :shrug:

Peak of 1.7 bar and tailing off to 1.6 bar is exactly where these should be at stage 2 :thumbs up:

I've just had mine tuned and this is exactly what it's requesting, however I have an over boost of 1.8 bar on spool and a random under boost of 1.5 at around 3.8k when it's requesting 1.6 bar... Both me and the tuner scratching our heads as to what's going on there :shrug:
funny you should say that, i get a spike of 1.8 bar and ive even clocked it boosting to 1.9 bar on spool up, do you think it running 1.75-1.65 will cause any issues compared to 1.7 down to 1.6. infact looking at my log its requesting 1.75 bar all the way to 4200rpm, what i find a bit strange is even the guy who tuned my car said 1.7 bar max yet hes mapped it to request 1.75 bar... how does that make any sense. feel like i need to get another map before the turbo goes bang.