What is up with people carrier/mini van drivers!?

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
They always seem to be hugging my bumper whilst driving around town, even if I'm nudging up above the speed limit a bit they always seem to get almost as close as possible and overtake then speed off when given the chance.
Always seem like such angry aggressive drivers despite having god awful cars.

Tap on your brakes,that usually alerts them that they are too close :)

Reactions: davc and DieselJake
Tap on your brakes,that usually alerts them that they are too close :)

Can't beat giving some one the break test. Normally works for me when I've tried it too.

Reactions: Andy Crooks
If I'm in town and it's a single carriageway I normally put the right hand indicator on and dab the brakes. That normally works to.

I like the brake test, someone up my **** just before Xmas did it in a country lane so I just stopped the car and sat for a few mins I had the wife in the car so she was ******* herself. I thought he might want help getting to his destination abit quicker :)

Reactions: dragon
Be careful about break testing people carriers, I had to brake heavily due to the car in front also braking heavily and thankfully managed to stop, however the tw@t in the people carrier behind me had to use my rear end as a brake... I fecking hate people carriers they drive up your a..e, and drive like nutters on the motorway, you would think they were driving a F1 car and not a top heavy, over weight and under-performing piece of .....

They are compensating for having to drive one of them and not one of our fancy cars by driving the way they do...lol

I was thinking along those lines, why would any man buy a people carriers unless it was purchased by the real man of the house! :whip: :asskicking:

The only reason i would buy a people carrier is when id want to pick up 4 friends to go camping watching superbikes or something.
Saying that last year me and a mate road tripped in one, went France,Belgium,Luxembourg,Switzerland,Italy back into France and back home, Was an awesome road trip apart from been mugged in Milan lol

You could do that in an estate car, or large saloon. I don't understand why people think they are that big, if you have a 7 seater and it's full then you lose the small amount of boot space you have, it's why you see so many of the fecking things with roof boxes.

Last edited:
Who needs a people carrier me and a mate went carp fishing in the south of France last year in my s3 I just took the back seats out then filled it full of bait and fishing tackle clothes etc for 2 people for a weeks fishing it even had enough room for a few cases of beer on the way home, I've also noticed drivers of people carriers always drive on the lines in the middle of the road as if there vehicle is 10 foot wide what's that all about

I get it almost daily whenever I'm out in the car and it's not limited to people carriers.

And they say Audi drivers are c0cks...:)

I would rather not brake test them, if they fail the test they'll write my car off! the insurance payment will be worthless compared to the amount of time i've invested in the car :(

Reactions: @udi A3
i used to get it all the time when i lived in the US, as i was driving an MX5, it was my street legal track car, so waay low. i think the yanks were offened by such a small car. on my route to work there was a road with a 30 limit and a right angle bend, literally 90 degrees. if some one was getting particularly close, i would gradually speed up to about 45 ish, the van usually still stuck to my bumper, then take the bend without any change in speed, which was way too fast for the van folloiwng,

i don't think any actually span out, but the looks on thier faces when they realised what was happening and had to hit the brakes really hard was priceless.

childish, but worth it

Reactions: kwistof, jojo and Andy Crooks
i used to get it all the time when i lived in the US, as i was driving an MX5, it was my street legal track car, so waay low. i think the yanks were offened by such a small car. on my route to work there was a road with a 30 limit and a right angle bend, literally 90 degrees. if some one was getting particularly close, i would gradually speed up to about 45 ish, the van usually still stuck to my bumper, then take the bend without any change in speed, which was way too fast for the van folloiwng,

i don't think any actually span out, but the looks on thier faces when they realised what was happening and had to hit the brakes really hard was priceless.

childish, but worth it

Love it! :racer:

I did this once with a work mate in the car, he was a big mustang fan, squealled like a big girl when we did the bendy thing then pisssed himself laughing all the way back to the office,

he had new respect for "damn furin cars" after that

Last edited:
usually still stuck to my bumper, then take the bend without any change in speed, which was way too fast for the van folloiwng,

I do this now instead of the 'brake test' when I have something sitting on my bumper.

Just approach the corner without braking - drop her a gear and then power through (got to love quattro)

Obviously cars without 4wd never manage to keep it tidy and it tends to always wake them up a bit :)

Reactions: newbster
nice one kwistoff,

there was a huge debate on the miata forum about doing this, there were two completely opposed views, the racers, (lile me) who said F@@@k em, if they can't read the road they shouldn't be driving, and the "older" genaration who though it was highly irresponsible and dangerous to lure another car into a corner too fast.

it got shut down by the mods as it got a bit personal.

DSC04809
anyways ,stealth race car

bits you can see
super light alloys
wide tyres, dunlop star spec "In the Extreme Performance Summer tire category, the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec has a strong following among driving enthusiasts, autocrossers and ..."

much lower
roll cage just behind drivers seat

bits you can't
LSD
super alloy light flywheel
ebc pads
hi comp and reworked head
retimed cams

Reactions: kwistof
Another good way of getting them to back off is keep spraying your windscreen washer jet intermittently, the spray will hit their windscreen. Wait until they clear it and then do it again :ninja:

Reactions: Lavis89 and voorhees
Il 340x270543546639 34wa6a00d83451616069e201538eb6cec1970b 500wi
could always try one of these too stickers for the back of the car

And then once they have driven in your boot and put you at risk, they overtake you in an unsafe manner, and then as they speed off you see the inevitable "Child On Board" sticker.

^ that. the thing that prompted this was one of them hammering around a blind bend after overtaking me on a road just outside of the city, i was taking it easy due to the fact i knew there was a speed camera just around the bend, unfortunately i dont think it got him

Last edited:
It is always an innocent person who gets hurt by these idiot drivers