What mileage can you expect from a Tdi? / effects of remap

Joni_s

Reaction score
My 2.5Tdi quattro has covered 147k and still going strong (touch wood). At a recent MOT the emissions were next to none and i'm really pleased with the car.

So i'm wondering.... how many miles will i get out of the car given that i'm driving 30k+ a year? I look after the car - change the oil every 6-8k and regularly service it with other items and i never drive it hard when its cold.

How long will the engine last?

How long will my Turbo last?

When is my clutch likely to need a change?

What will the effects of a remap (and the increased use of my right foot) be on the life of the engine and turbo etc. I'd like to get one but not if it puts the engine life etc in jeopardy.

Anyone whos interested post up the mileage of their diesel car, the engine type and any engine/turbo/clutch/major issues they've had.

if looked after the engine will last well over 300k. the turbo can go at any time its just pot luck it has a very hard life,regular oil changes will help
the clutch is down to the driver i've seen cars with over 200k on the same clutch but then you can get an old granny/dear/git that burns the clutch out before getting out of the show room in a new car

Dito!

I've run Audi's & Volk's to well over 300k on original clutch & engine and then sold them on still running sweet as!!

Look after yeh motor and it in return will look after you,Lol!

Snap, same engine and mine is at 147k too. I am on the long service interval as i do 40+k a year. No problems with any components since chip added. AFAIK all clutch exhaust cat are original. I am expecting 300k before replacement unless i win the lottery. My 1.9tdi passat had done 214k when i sold it on and the engine was absolutely sound, with original clutch and exhaust