what new tyres for my a4 quattro 2.5 v6 tdi ?? should i get..... ???

subaru swift

Reaction score
well folks i have got some dunlop sp 3000 on the front & some autogrip f107 ping pong cheap ones on the rear.

and now with this weather & winter coming up fast, i am going to get some new tyres all round ;).

so do i pick Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas as i have had them on my old 1.9 tdi fwd & they was great in the wet plus dry, or goodyear f1's like i had on my scooby doo all marks & all was great.

mmmmm ?

many thanks

kenny

I've got a set of Eagle F1 Asymmetric 225/45r17 left over from my scooby that I'm gonna fit to my winter wheels, so I'd say stick with what you know.

true words mate cheers, i like both of them but if some other quattros owners tell me what they have or what they dont like that would be great.

as £400 or £500 for a set is a lot as the moment as my work is just ticking over.... :(.

oh well needs be needs be & i do not save money on my car or stuff for it.

+1 on avon zz3
good allrounders and reasonably priced .

Continental Sport Contact 3 - great grip, wet or dry, a good ridge round the wall to protect your alloys and hardwearing too.

Can i throw in a little know tyre that I really like, Neuton NT5000.
I had 2 sets on my Saab and they were really good, as good as tyres twice the price in fact. Not the usual budget ditchfinders I promise.
Im just waiting to kill the Dunlop 9000's on my A4 and will be replacing with the Neutons.

Neo Bros are sole supplier I think, they have an ebay shop too, 235/45 are under £60 delivered.

subaru swift said:
so do i pick Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas as i have had them on my old 1.9 tdi fwd & they was great in the wet plus dry

Glad you said that as I have bought two for my A4 Avant for about £75 each delivered from mytyres.co.uk best price I could find!

Unfortunately they are still in the boot of my car waiting to get them fitted...

Been working non stop & cant get time to do it.

Some little knob at my local garage refused to fit them as they were not bought there and said "you won't find anyone who will to fit them round here mate ..... "

He is the only one out of 4 different garages that said that! Just because they don't make a ton of markup on them that's why !! 3 of them all just sat on there asses chatting *****. ****** tyre Monkey's!

They are stinking my car out though ... Rubber overload!!

kevbu - remember - an A4, especially a quattro will be a LOT heavier on tyres than a Saab!

Mine came with Hankook Ventus V12's - pretty decent and I'd say very comparable characteristics to Toyo Proxes T1-R's....

I only took the Hankooks off as I got the set of 18" S4 wheels for summer (and bought Toyo Proxes T1-R's) and then some snow and ice tyres for the old 16 wheels (Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme's).

Both highly recommended!

There's guys in Scotland who run the Wintrac's all-year round... but Vredestein recommend taking them off for summer - in particular once the ambient temperature is about 20-25C.

I've got Toyos on mine and they have been great. Just coming up for new ones soon. Mines not a Quattro, but they are on the front and have also done about 24k on them.

wow so many to pick from now :), also sniffy_smiffy i know what you mean however the place i go is fine if you get your own tyres as sooner or lately you will go back to them & get some off them.

& you guys know your stuff as the tyres you use are all good one on the reviews.... .

but i might get some Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas !, as they lasted a long time & had a very nice grip too on my old 1.9 fwd.

i love the f1's but they have changed the grip style as i had the arrow ones but they have got sort of normal now :(.

oh well i will ring my tyre fitter up & see what is says, but he love the toyos as when i had my scooby he was going to give mw them half price to test them out but i loved my f1's too much to swap ha-ha.

so thank you all & keep them coming in as i am not changing for a few more weeks, as i can save a bit more cash...........

I would look at a cheap set of winter tyres and some small rims, preferably steels... Have a set of nankang sports on me quattro, bit twitchy in the wet but ok-ish in the dry. Vredesteins gets all good revievs but if money were no problem- i would stick to michelins !

i have not got the space to store any more alloys or wheels mate, good idea but no can do at the moment.

however i could go too £500 for a set of 4, as the spare is new & still looking very very clean.

i might go for the Vredesteins as they are good tyres, so fingers crossed they will be fine on my sig car too.

just too many to pick from..... next brake pads !!! as the audi ones are well dusty for me as after 500 or less my alloys are black !!! :(.

also as i am with swift cover i have to stick to audi ones or close to audi as they can be.

i had the full EBC ones on my scooby & my audi beofre but swift cover are very picky..... they will void the insurance if i have ebc.
how unfair is that as they are only brake pads, not full on race spec pads ha-ha

i have not got the space to store any more alloys or wheels mate, good idea but no can do at the moment.

however i could go too £500 for a set of 4, as the spare is new & still looking very very clean.

i might go for the Vredesteins as they are good tyres, so fingers crossed they will be fine on my sig car too.

just too many to pick from..... next brake pads !!! as the audi ones are well dusty for me as after 500 or less my alloys are black !!! :(.

also as i am with swift cover i have to stick to audi ones or close to audi as they can be.

i had the full EBC ones on my scooby & my audi beofre but swift cover are very picky..... they will void the insurance if i have ebc.
how unfair is that as they are only brake pads, not full on race spec pads ha-ha

swift cover told me back on my leon that as long as the wheels wern't worth mroe than a grand it was fine to have whatever.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric get my vote, had them on two Audi's now. Also had Conti Sport Contact 2's, Michelin Pilot Sport 2's and Pirelli P Zero Rosso's. Michelin's are very good but expensive (I got them with a set of wheels so didn't pay the full cost thankfully). Goodyear's where / are excellent, not tried the Verd's, have heard mixed reviews though (mainly good however).

Hi folks

I am getting some new tyres next wed 15th sep 2010 on my SIG car, so i am selling the tyres off it there & then.

tyres are used dunlop sp 3000 what has over half thead left, & 2 autogrip f107 what are only 1 month old ! so only 700 miles done on them.

however i am based in stoke on trent & i will be going the tyre place ( hot lane tyres ) on wed somtime.

so if you want these, you must meet me then please, as i do not want to put these in my car..... .

Price = Open to offers !!!

many thanks

i will take some photos with name & date on wed asap.

Shipping/Payment: however i am based in stoke on trent & i will be going the tyre place ( hot lane tyres ) on wed 15th sep 2010 somtime.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric get my vote, had them on two Audi's now. Also had Conti Sport Contact 2's, Michelin Pilot Sport 2's and Pirelli P Zero Rosso's. Michelin's are very good but expensive (I got them with a set of wheels so didn't pay the full cost thankfully). Goodyear's where / are excellent, not tried the Verd's, have heard mixed reviews though (mainly good however).

I've just had the same thing not knowing which tyres to buy - I looked at all, and I've been a Pirrelli man for years, they tend to be a little softer and great handling, but wear quick, so I have actually gone for the Goodyear F1 Eagles - the latest style and compound. Certainly not the cheapest but so far they have been great