What next?

DaveW

Reaction score
Like some of you, I've owned my C8 for just over 2 years - I absolutely love the car, but have now reached the stage where I'm considering my options.

I've scoured the Internet and have found no mention of a C8.5 face-lift due anytime soon. I'd be gutted if I bought a car very similar to what I have now, only for it to be "out of date" in a couple of months. I was maybe thinking of sticking with a C8 but going slightly different with a Quattro (40TDi/45TFSi), and/or a Black Edition - budget allowing.im even considering a Merc E220 AMG Line Night Edition - they are absolutely loaded with kit.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

2022 is the next facelift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: DaveW
Like some of you, I've owned my C8 for just over 2 years - I absolutely love the car, but have now reached the stage where I'm considering my options.

I've scoured the Internet and have found no mention of a C8.5 face-lift due anytime soon. I'd be gutted if I bought a car very similar to what I have now, only for it to be "out of date" in a couple of months. I was maybe thinking of sticking with a C8 but going slightly different with a Quattro (40TDi/45TFSi), and/or a Black Edition - budget allowing.im even considering a Merc E220 AMG Line Night Edition - they are absolutely loaded with kit.

Anyone else in a similar situation?
In terms of a C8.5 facelift I'd say the earliest would be probably early next year that you'd see some pictures getting released and then maybe around late summer/early autumn that it will hit the roads. Would you upgrade your car to a Vorsprung trim?

In terms of a C8.5 facelift I'd say the earliest would be probably early next year that you'd see some pictures getting released and then maybe around late summer/early autumn that it will hit the roads. Would you upgrade your car to a Vorsprung trim?
This article https://www.electrive.com/2021/01/22/audi-announces-end-of-combustion-a4-a6-a8-models/ would suggest the C9 will be launched in 2023 (probably end of that year) I would expect therefore that the C8.5 will be launched towards the end of 21 to give it a couple of years and a total lifespan for the C8 of approx 5 years. I would think the non-ICE A6 range referred to (C10?) will be launched in 2029 ahead of the UK Ban on ICE in 2030

This article https://www.electrive.com/2021/01/22/audi-announces-end-of-combustion-a4-a6-a8-models/ would suggest the C9 will be launched in 2023 (probably end of that year) I would expect therefore that the C8.5 will be launched towards the end of 21 to give it a couple of years and a total lifespan for the C8 of approx 5 years. I would think the non-ICE A6 range referred to (C10?) will be launched in 2029 ahead of the UK Ban on ICE in 2030
It would make sense for the A4 as that current model has been around since 2015 and the A8 being 2017 but the A6 C8 model only came out in 2018 so that's a bit baffling as to why they would bring it forward like that. For the A6 I would have thought maybe 2025 when they do the C9 and then somewhere in the 2030s they release an all electric version of the C10 but we'll see what the future holds.

Thank you for the link.

It’s usually 4 years per lift

Reactions: Sibmets

Budget won't stretch to a Vorsprung. Interestingly, I priced up a E220 AMG Line night pack, its the equivalent to a 40 TDi Black Edition with Tech Pack, Comfort and Sound Pack, leather seat and Panoramic sunroof. Plus a couple of extras like traffic sign recognition, adjustable dampers and is a recent face-lift. It was over 5k less, according to Carwow.
I'm not keen on waiting until the end of this year, as that'll mean an MOT and the warranty ending as well. I may as well speak to a couple of dealers to get an idea of trade in values and get a settlement from Audi.

Budget won't stretch to a Vorsprung. Interestingly, I priced up a E220 AMG Line night pack, its the equivalent to a 40 TDi Black Edition with Tech Pack, Comfort and Sound Pack, leather seat and Panoramic sunroof. Plus a couple of extras like traffic sign recognition, adjustable dampers and is a recent face-lift. It was over 5k less, according to Carwow.
I'm not keen on waiting until the end of this year, as that'll mean an MOT and the warranty ending as well. I may as well speak to a couple of dealers to get an idea of trade in values and get a settlement from Audi.

A 40 tdi non Quattro 11700 miles traded at 22.5

I've decided to hang on a bit longer, turns out the trade in offers are less than my settlement figure, I'm only half way through my agreement. I'll check again in the summer.

I've decided to hang on a bit longer, turns out the trade in offers are less than my settlement figure, I'm only half way through my agreement. I'll check again in the summer.

I was in positive equity 2 weeks ago and now I'm £1.5k in the negative! I've been considering getting rid the car a fair bit as of late seeing as it's just sat on the drive this past year.

I had a call yesterday from the dealership enquiring as to what I'm going to be doing with the car now I'm past the 2year mark. They offered me an A4 Avant Black Edition35 TFSI Auto with the comfort and sound pack. It's a nice car don't get me wrong and there's a few extra bit's it has over mine but the lack of electrical seats with memory (actually a requirement for me) and the quality of the interior it just doesn't really interest me. Especially considering they wanted an extra £50pm from what I'm paying now!

I've recently been looking into alternatives, 3 Series Touring, C Class Estate etc. . and Audi can't come close to them in terms of spec and price.

I had a call yesterday from the dealership enquiring as to what I'm going to be doing with the car now I'm past the 2year mark. They offered me an A4 Avant Black Edition35 TFSI Auto with the comfort and sound pack. It's a nice car don't get me wrong and there's a few extra bit's it has over mine but the lack of electrical seats with memory (actually a requirement for me) and the quality of the interior it just doesn't really interest me. Especially considering they wanted an extra £50pm from what I'm paying now!

I've recently been looking into alternatives, 3 Series Touring, C Class Estate etc. . and Audi can't come close to them in terms of spec and price.
Interesting, I find that Audi seem to have a higher OTR price than Mercedes and less equipment, but charge a lower interest rate if going for a PCP. I suppose it's swings and roundabouts. I've not looked into BMW yet TBH,

I've emailed my usual Audi dealer (Preston) and they reckon its best waiting until around the 3 year mark, I'll enquire before then, as I'd rather avoid an MOT and being out of warranty.

Audi are offering 2.9% APR over here on PCPs for the A6. Merc are 4.9%.

Like you guys the Mercs come loaded with kit. I’m in an E220d myself. Scheduled to change in January so looking at options as well.

Mine will be 3 years old in September, I’m thinking of changing it in the next couple of months to avoid the 3 year service, MOT and it’ll need new tyres as well. At the moment I think an E Class is top of the shortlist.

I should be picking up a new 40TFSi Avant in the next week or so (it arrived in the UK 10 days ago). Dealer called a couple of months ago and long story short I am changing cars for essentially no additional equity (having factored in the 3 months of no payments promotion plus the refund on the tax) and payments remain as they are for the current car. gets me out of diesel and back to petrol, which given the anti-diesel sentiment is good thing, despite the relaity of higher CO2 and fuel consumption. In doing the sums, my car after 2 years (in a 4y/40k plan) at 17k miles vs plan target of 20k was ony about £1200 in negative equity which was a pleasent surprise given the higher rates of depreciation in years 1 and 2.

I sold mine back to the dealer last week to cancel the existing finance. I'm in no rush to find an immediate replacement when I work from home now due to covid and have access to another car. I was tempted to get another Audi however after looking at other brands that come with a lot of optional Audi equipment standard for a cheaper and better experience it was a no-brainer. Having one of the first build C8's with the software bugs, blown speakers, dash rattles, ac faults and a light cluster failure was also a key decision maker.
I've since ordered the new Cupra Formentor for a change of pace and quite possibly it may be the last new combustion car I purchase so why not go out with something that's more fun to drive.