What reaction does your RS3 get?

I actually like his reviews but I found the RS3 v 135M review strange. The RS3 kills it off the line in the drag race and the BMW only makes ground up over 130ish. I think he portrayed that as a victory for the BM... personally I don't see it like that lol.

It's obviously each to their own, I find it strange that so many people like to hate on the RS3 (not saying you are by the way :) ), not sure what it is really, it's just a great car.

It's really why I asked... I saw the review, and it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me...

Don't worry, I don't hate your car... :p:p:p:p

People will always find something to hate... and be able to justify it to themselves anyway possible...

You're so on the edge cueball, you just need to admit it! An RS3 is where you're AT!

Denying it just won't cut it, or chalk the tip, even... You no longer convince me that you're NOT interested...

A toal miscue for me cueball!

You need to visit Glasgow Audi and see what they have...

Reactions: RYes3
Serious question here:

I keep seeing and reading that the RS3 doesn't handle very well as standard... has a lot of understeer etc, etc, yet the owners don't seem to agree, and are (mostly) happy with it......

I came from a 270bhp AWD DSG Golf R before my RS3, and I have to say that in the first week of RS3 ownership I did find the understeer quite disturbing, and a lot worse that the Golf.

I have since adapted my driving style slightly and a number of RS3 drivers, including myself, have reported a fair bit less understeer by putting the ESC (Traction Control) system into Sport mode every drive (rather than the default normal mode). There are three options (Normal, Sport and Off) but there is'nt a great deal of info on what the Sport setting actually changes.

I came from a 270bhp AWD DSG Golf R before my RS3, and I have to say that in the first week of RS3 ownership I did find the understeer quite disturbing, and a lot worse that the Golf.

I have since adapted my driving style slightly and a number of RS3 drivers, including myself, have reported a fair bit less understeer by putting the ESC (Traction Control) system into Sport mode every drive (rather than the default normal mode). There are three options (Normal, Sport and Off) but there is'nt a great deal of info on what the Sport setting actually changes.

I drive in the following.. Manual Mode........Press Sport Button (On) Press Button Next to it (ESC...OFF).

Is this different to the above.

I drive in the following.. Manual Mode........Press Sport Button (On) Press Button Next to it (ESC...OFF).

Is this different to the above.

A quick press of the ESC puts the traction control into sport, a longer press turns it off... As I learnt from Jonny recently lol!

How long do you press the ESC button for ?

Quick press and you get Sport Mode (allows a bit of wheel slip)

Hold for 3 seconds or more and ESC is turned off (no traction control)

It's on page 117 of the manual but does'nt really say what Sport mode does.

Jonny.

When I'm in Manual Mode ,after pressing Sport button,the ESC button,It comes up immediately on dislay (in yellow) ESC.OFF

Are you doing what you describe,but are driving in Auto/Sport mode.

Jonny.

When I'm in Manual Mode ,after pressing Sport button,the ESC button,It comes up immediately on dislay (in yellow) ESC.OFF

Are you doing what you describe,but are driving in Auto/Sport mode.

You get the light when its in sport esc too, if you read the entire text on the dis you can see its in sport.. I used to think it was saying it was off but it wasn't :)

How long do you press the ESC button for ?

Quick press and you get Sport Mode (allows a bit of wheel slip)

Hold for 3 seconds or more and ESC is turned off (no traction control)

It's on page 117 of the manual but does'nt really say what Sport mode does.

Makes it drive and handle better!

Esc into sport and 80% of the time in M. I have been caught napping on the upshift a couple if times and bounced the limiter, I find that to achieve an on limit shift up you need to pull the plus button just before you want the gear as it eats through the rev range so quickly.

5000 miles in and it just feels quicker and quicker; the noise from the motor at full chat is addictive.

Have been considering a cat back Milltek but am leaning toward secondary cat bypass based on feedback. I like the stock sound but want more volume.

I can now get this thing across country with zero under steer and zero loss of enjoyment; if you are getting under steer then you need to adjust your style. I got significantly more under steer out of the 3litre A5 oil burner I had as a loaner last week.....RS3 under steer is to be experienced an judged personally IMO.

Just got pulled over by the police my partner was driving.. Had been a little heavy on the throttle after a idiot had pulled out on us.. Reason we got let off? Told him we had been to the villa and he said no wonder you are angry! Though the worst part he called it an S3!! It took all I had not to say its a ****** RS3!!!