What rear springs for my S3

dandav1985

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello lads/ lasses

my S3 has been lowered on h&r springs 25mm front and rear.

It looks lower at the rear so if I install the standard springs on the back will it even it out abit? I was going to try eibachs all round but seems to me I'll be wasting my money and Time anyway.

Also if I install the standard springs in the rear is it going to affect the ride.

cheers Dan

Last edited:
This is very strange that you think the rear sits lower. Im on the same springs and Im sitting level. Also, the Eibachs kit only includes front springs, which are designed to bring the front down to the same level as the back is sitting from factory.

My car on H&Rs

Hello mate,

Mines on h&r springs 25mm, and looks lower at the back, I want to try and even it out so it the same.

Nice looking S3 you have there.

Cheers Dan

Flip I have to admit your pic the back def looks lower... I wonder could it be because of sportback...weird.

Thank you, your car is lovely looking also!

Hopefully some of the other guys drop in and share their thoughts. Do you have a budget? As with coilovers you can get whatever ride height you want..

To be honest not really sure on coil overs heard that they spoil the ride....but never had them before.

Not really got a budget mate just would like it looking level lol

Cheers Dan

Been looking on eBay look like they do the front and rear, would the car not feel funny just having the fronts changed, if it going to be ok I may as well just my standard springs for the rear and see what happens.

http://bit.ly/1fofYI9

Cheers Dan

I am having bilstien b8 plus eibach pro kit (front only) on next week and will post before and after. My mate Daren at qr sport Chester has spoken to eibach and just the front is the way they think to improve the handling of the S3 with new shocks.
I will have standard shocks all round and front springs with 24000 miles on free to a good home, you will have to pick up though
Thanks to members on here for guiding and helping me.

Reactions: dandav1985
Hello mate thanks for the offer, much appreciated but il going to keep the H&r springs on the front with OEM shocks and change the rears to the standard springs see how I get on.

Cheers any how :)

Dan

I am having bilstien b8 plus eibach pro kit (front only) on next week and will post before and after. My mate Daren at qr sport Chester has spoken to eibach and just the front is the way they think to improve the handling of the S3 with new shocks.
I will have standard shocks all round and front springs with 24000 miles on free to a good home, you will have to pick up though

Really don't see the need for shocks as well but what ever keeps you happy fella!!!!!!!!

Been looking on eBay look like they do the front and rear, would the car not feel funny just having the fronts changed, if it going to be ok I may as well just my standard springs for the rear and see what happens.

http://bit.ly/1fofYI9

Cheers Dan

Not sure if those are for s3 though. But I think you have changed your mind about this now anyway lol.

Yeah mate definatly make sure to post up about this. I was also considering the Billy B8s along with my H&R springs but then opted for coilovers instead. I would love to hear your experiences.

Really don't see the need for shocks as well but what ever keeps you happy fella!!!!!!!!

Aftermarket springs with OEM shocks are not a good combination, for different reasons. Changing to aftermarket shocks is an intelligent thing to do.

Not sure if those are for s3 though. But I think you have changed your mind about this now

Hello Trev, all I'm after really is just to level it out at the rear. And if it means outing standard springs on the rear and it works then I'm happy, if not I think coil overs mate the way forward.

Cheers Dan

The red and blue S3s look a bit too low at the rear IMO, but it's probably level due to the lower archline of the rear, but I would personally prefer a bit more rake.

If you want to raise the rear a touch, buy thicker upper rear spring pads 8J0 512 149. About £4 each from TPS/VW.

This assumes the S3 uses the same (thinner) spring pad as other A3s of course! This thicker 8J0 (TT) pad should raise it about 10mm or so.

Had the shocks/springs done leveled out perfect no real visable rake cornering + 50%

Not sure if those are for s3 though. But I think you have changed your mind about this now anyway lol.

Yeah mate definatly make sure to post up about this. I was also considering the Billy B8s along with my H&R springs but then opted for coilovers instead. I would love to hear your experiences.

W
Aftermarket springs with OEM shocks are not a good combination, for different reasons. Changing to aftermarket shocks is an intelligent thing to do.
Hi trev just had the upgrades done and I love them front doesn't end up to raked just level, handling is much improved

Yeah our cars just look lower in the rear because the fender in the rear comes down lower, but bothered me too, so I bought two different sets of rear upper spring seats and fixed the rake permanently.

"I used 2 of these against the frame of the car: 8J0512149 - Rear Upper Spring Packing - Priced Each - ES#448006
And then 2 of these fit over the top, mainly because they fit snug in the spring: http://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi...ein-1j0512149b

You could use 4 of either one though, doesn't have to be the combination that I ordered. The way I did it requires less trimming though...