What sort of mileage do you get out of your A3s (not a3's)?

jaysonD

Reaction score
Particualy a a3 2.0t quattro. Had mine a week only going to use as a weekend car in the end but the novelty I've used it all week I've done 293 miles before petrol light came on but 163 miles was getting the car back from the dealer!

also in a off topic related question as anyone had problems playing home made CD's in the consert II multi cd radio?

Sounds about right I usually get told I have 350 miles after a fill up light comes on with 50 miles to go

Isit true that you get better fuel out of a stage one remap or isit a myth??

True ...Once you get used to the extra power, it will give better mpg because the extra torque means you use less throttle around town.

I've gone from around 330 to 370/80 per tank on average and can do much better on a run.

I've seen projections of 500 miles plus.

Just had 170 miles off half a tank in my 2011 A3 2 litre TFSI sportback fwd

I get loads if anyone ws wondering :-L lol

I get about 460 in my 2.0 TDi from mixed town and motorway driving, and about 520 if its a full motorway drive like around the country.

These cars are so much better on fuel mileage than the last generation of engines.

Even mine averages around 27-28 mpg and can still top 33mpg on a slow run into work.

It can,of course,do a LOT less

I did a cruise control run to Huntingdon and back to Manchester last weekend and managed 350 miles to a full tank.
Casual driving I get about 250 to a full tank.

At the moment i have half tank exactly and have done 280miles will see whrn i refill

I get about 300-350 miles per tank (on a good day)

If only I could resist gassing it every now & then

Attachments

• IMG_4220.jpg
    IMG_4220.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 257
Not much from a 3.2 I'm afraid :sob:

About 250miles from one tank driving around town. Nudging 300miles if it's motorway miles.

Around 300 on a full tank, mostly driving around london.

Isit true that you get better fuel out of a stage one remap or isit a myth??

To be totally honest I have not noticed much difference. I have noticed a difference in the past couple of months however, having changed my fuel filter.

Same here , about 300 on a long run from my 3.2 .
Yea , home made CDs can play up sometimes on my indash system .

Same here , about 300 on a long run from my 3.2 .
Yea , home made CDs can play up sometimes on my indash system .

I've just got 180 miles out of £45 of fuel this weekend and all I have to show for it is a petrol light haha!
What brand of cd did you use that have worked in your car? Me and my mate have used about 5 tesco cd trying

For once i can say i get a stupid amount of miles from a full tank as i recently made the move from hothatchs to my Audi A3 black edition 2.0 TDI. For years i was used to 28mpg and less. A full tank i can easily see 550-600 miles

But on a downside its not as fun as the hothatchs

Reactions: jaysonD
To one tank in my 2.0TDI 170 (Quattro, if that makes any difference)

500 miles (or just shy) if I have some fun
Typically 550 (normal driving, a few overtaking manoeuvres and not being fussy about it)
600+ if I behave and drive with fuel in mind but without being anal about it
And my record is 740, which was virtually all motorway at 60mph and a few miles driving from motorway to hotel... I won't be repeating that experience unless I have to.

Reactions: jaysonD, S3Alex and Goner
I did a cruise control run to Huntingdon and back to Manchester last weekend and managed 350 miles to a full tank.
Casual driving I get about 250 to a full tank.

My S3 did the same on a full tank to Scotland (had to stop to fill up on the way).

Around town i would say 250 too. Has been just below 200 when i was a bit too happy with the right foot.

Since Saturday I think I have put in about £111 of fuel in my car and traveled no more than 300 miles haha, only had it not much over a week!

Since Saturday I think I have put in about £111 of fuel in my car and traveled no more than 300 miles haha, only had it not much over a week!

What do you drive as £111 is mental for 300 miles. It's like owing a EVO with fuel economy like that.

What do you drive as £111 is mental for 300 miles. It's like owing a EVO with fuel economy like that.

Yeah you know! Basically it was £45 done 200 and something then filled up again last night, used to the car now I can see how much I can get :):)

Only had mine two weekish wacked 50£ in done 160 miles already mine is an s3 mainly around town and a couple motorway trips, keep off boost !!

General driving I think I get about 250-300 miles. Managed a 377 mile trip to Edinburgh on a full tank last week, average of just under 30mpg. I was impressed with that. Plenty of motorway speeds, average speed cameras and stop start traffic. 3.2 v6.

Only had mine two weekish wacked 50£ in done 160 miles already mine is an s3 mainly around town and a couple motorway trips, keep off boost !!

That's what my weekend was alike! Petrol light on Wavked £25 in went up to bluewater and back was on quater Wavked another £20 to go to a car meets ****ed about on the m2 tried racing a m3 got trashed petrol light came on yesterday so I filled it up to a painful £66 so hard not to drive fast or race people in there ****ty cars!!

General driving I think I get about 250-300 miles. Managed a 377 mile trip to Edinburgh on a full tank last week, average of just under 30mpg. I was impressed with that. Plenty of motorway speeds, average speed cameras and stop start traffic. 3.2 v6.

What's the siZe on the fuel tank out of curiously?