What spec cant you live without ?

ACWKGYTO

Reaction score
My spec list is pretty long but I did ditch the pan roof this time and went for the sportback

A few of defos for me are :

Metallic paint

18 inch wheels

Heated seats

Cruise control

Power folding heated mirrors

Rear parking sensors at least

Satnav

What are yours ?

Haha - I always fail this game... see sig! By all I mean ALL! And I can't live without any of them!

Haha - I always fail this game... see sig! By all I mean ALL! And I can't live without any of them!

Me too really but thought I'd start a thread anyway ! I'm surprised I compromised on the pan roof but I god knows how long I'm gonna keep a car these days even if I like it, Ive become a complete car whore !

I have an idea especially for car whores though !

Manual Transmission
Heated Seats
Pano Roof
Navigation

All 4 were options I looked for on my Q5 and now S1

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Can't live without satnav, cruise control and a nice leather interior, but..... Cruise control and rear sensors were in with the comfort pack I ordered along with two things I could definitely live without, auto wipers and high beam assist, can't see the point of either they just drive you mad when they don't do their job. That said I havnt tried the high beam assist on car yet but it sounds totally pointless.
Unfortunately it was cheaper to have a comfort pack than buy CC and rear sensors separately. If they annoy me too much I may look into getting them disabled?
Had an email from the salesman last night ( I'm 7 hours ahead of GMT Thailand ) and pick the car up 26th March.

My spec list is pretty long but I did ditch the pan roof this time and went for the sportback

A few of defos for me are :

Metallic paint

18 inch wheels

Heated seats

Cruise control

Power folding heated mirrors

Rear parking sensors at least

Satnav

What are yours ?
Just replied to your post with a new thread, Doh! Give me a few months and I will get the hang of this haha.

Can't live without satnav, cruise control and a nice leather interior, but..... Cruise control and rear sensors were in with the comfort pack I ordered along with two things I could definitely live without, auto wipers and high beam assist, can't see the point of either they just drive you mad when they don't do their job. That said I havnt tried the high beam assist on car yet but it sounds totally pointless.
Unfortunately it was cheaper to have a comfort pack than buy CC and rear sensors separately. If they annoy me too much I may look into getting them disabled?
Had an email from the salesman last night ( I'm 7 hours ahead of GMT Thailand ) and pick the car up 26th March.

High beam assist does occasionally need help, but you soon get the hang of it. I usually pull the stalk when I see the glow of lights from around the corner as I always would even without HBA 7/10 times that the lights are going to need dipping, so in these cases it's like you just don't have HBA, and the 3/10 times a car catches you unawares the HBA does it for you before to have time to even reach for the stalk.
If you just let it do its own thing 100% of the time 2/10 people will flash you (which makes the HBA dip anyway, due to the sudden extra light intensity, but isn't exactly courteous or safe!) - the only time I do this is if I'm on a spirited drive and want to concentrate on the road/2 hands on the wheel (but then the times I pick to do this there is rarely any other traffic on the road). What I would say is get the activation/deactivation speeds reduced with VCDS, you have to get to 37mph by default, I changed mine down to 25mph so it works in unlit villages.

Auto wipers I've never had an issue with. Maybe once a month I have to make them wipe manually, but that will be because of a large lone droplet that's fallen off a tree when it's not raining, so the sensor can't see it. I leave them on maximum sensitivity.

I've had three new audi with auto wipers and none of them have been totally efficient, maybe the sensitivity was set up wrong as you mentioned. But thanks for tip on the beam assist although probably would have forgotten by the time I actually get the motor ( it's my age )

Reactions: josedebardi
I forgot the Comfort Key option, I hate having to use keys now. Just need to install keyless for my Apartment and my life would be great.

I'm the opposite I like turning a key to start a car

So do you live in Thailand or the UK ? or are you in Thailand for our winter ! I love Thailand havent been for a long time but really enjoyed it when I was there.

I started with quite a basic spec;

Misano red
Flat bottomed steering wheel
Cruise control
Electric folding mirrors
Heated seats

Then I added at a later date;
Interior Quattro pack
Smart key
Tinted windows
Rear Mats
Bose audio

The salesmen all said, they loved the spec and it was the best one they had seen yet.

So it was probably easier to list what I didn't option lol.
The exterior pack which did look good but spoils the "sleeper look", as much as a car with 4 exhausts can be a sleeper lol, the parking sensors, and the £1,500 sat nav!!

You missed auto dimming rear view mirror, armrest and hill hold assist :)

This is my verbose spec...
Audi S1 Sportback
Vegas Yellow with Brilliant Black Contrast Roof, 18" S Matt Black Alloys, Leather Super Sports Seats with Yellow Backrest Covers and Contrast Stitching
Packages;
Quattro Exterior and Interior, Tech, High Gloss Black, Storage and Luggage
Includes; Quattro Roof Spoiler and Side Logo, Red Headlight Trim and Brake Calipers with S1 Logo, Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel, Alloy Air Vent Sleeves with Red rings, HDD Sat Nav MMI with AMI
Options;
Advanced Key, Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror, BOSE Sound System, Cruise Control, Door Mirrors - Heated and Folding, Front Centre Armrest, Hill Hold Assist, Mobile Prep High - with Audi Connect, PDC - Front and Rear, Privacy Glass, Rear Floor Mats, High Beam Assist
Post delivery mods;
Wrap lower tailgate in black
DTUK FSR Tuning and Pedal boxes (284bhp/445Nm)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gothy and ACWKGYTO
My exact spec that I couldnt live without is

Sportback

Sepang Blue with black roof and black contrast line
Exterior quattro pack
18 inch matt black alloy wheels
Power folding electrically heated mirrors in chrome
Privacy Glass

Normal key
Interior quattro pack black with super sport seats and silver stitching
Heated seats
Cruise control
Parking plus
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Flat bottomed steering wheel
SD Card satellite Navigation
Bose

Front & Rear carpet mats (rip off @ £60 for rear mats)

Got these extras thrown in to soften the deal, along with a healthy discount and a reasonable part ex
Free Autoglym Lifeshine, interior and window guard
Free Tyre insurance
Free front & rear rubber mats

Seems Like the UK has actual packages to some of there stuff. When I was going through the German order form I had mostly everything checked only packages you get are the Quattro Exterior and Interior packs.

here is my full spec:

Individuallackierung Audi exclusive (Nogaro Blue Pearleffect)
Elimination of model designation and lettering on Rear
Panoramic glass roof with blackened roof
Comfort Key
Quattro Exterior package (nothing Deleted from the package)
Exterior mirror housings in body color
Mirrors, heated and electrically folding
Windshield washer jets heated, front
Gloss package Audi exclusive black
Quattro Interior package (red)
Audi music interface
BOSE Surround Sound
Audi connect inklusive Car Phone
Luggage compartment package
Dark-tinted (privacy glass)
Front center armrest
Heated front seats
MMI Navigation plus
Winter Cast aluminum wheels, 5-parallel-spoke design (S design) size 7.5 J x 17 with 215/40 R17 tires

I think that is all...

Things I didn't order:

Cruise Control - I have never liked it.
Parking Plus - Had it on the Q5 but felt since the S1 is so small I really don't need it.
Auto Dimming Mirror - Didn't get it on the Q5 and never had a problem with it since I had tinted windows.
Front Storage Pack. I'm a bit a pack rat so didn't want more storage to help my problem.
Hill Hold Assist - Never have a problem on hills been Driving Standard cars since I was 13.

HHA is one of those things that once you've experienced it you will always tick it. Sure you can use the handbrake on a hill, but it's nice to not have to!

HHA is one of those things that once you've experienced it you will always tick it. Sure you can use the handbrake on a hill, but it's nice to not have to!

I used the handbrake when I started driving but now I don't. Its the same with Cruise control I have had it and I don't use it. I drove clear across the US and never used it once. I love all the tech on the new cars and stuff but there are somethings I know I won't need for along time. I wasn't trying to take a shot at anyone that got hill hold assist its just my opinion that its not needed on my car.

There must be the odd steep hill you need to handbrake to prevent rolling back!? I am quick enough off the brake and onto the throttle to prevent roll back on mild hills, but the HHA just makes it one less thing to think/worry about.
Equally, I wasn't taking a shot - all personal preference, just 99% of people I've spoken too that have experienced HHA feel as I do so thought I'd share.

There must be the odd steep hill you need to handbrake to prevent rolling back!? I am quick enough off the brake and onto the throttle to prevent roll back on mild hills, but the HHA just makes it one less thing to think/worry about.
Equally, I wasn't taking a shot - all personal preference, just 99% of people I've spoken too that have experienced HHA feel as I do so thought I'd share.

There is one hill on A8 that is about 60 degrees and little less than 1/2 km long that I have been stuck on before in a traffic jam. But those odd steep hills rarely happen from the time I have been in Europe to warrant that option for myself.

Pretty much every option I have now is what I picked for the S3 I priced out. But that one track day in Italy where I got to drive the S1 on Monza sold the car for me.

I read somewhere that the HHA can be switched on with the coding. Can anyone confirm if that is the case?
For £60 I should have ticked that option box, I loved it in my DSG fabia vRS.
The only time I didn't like it, is if you overshoot a junction on a hill and have to roll back without waiting for the 2 second hold.

Just a note for people who are still waiting on their S1's, the S1 comes standard with speak to the car and it listens technology lol. Not sure what to call it. I think Mercedes call it lingatronic??
Its rather useful when you want to use the bluetooth phone connection and keep your eyes on the road.

I read somewhere that the HHA can be switched on with the coding. Can anyone confirm if that is the case?
For £60 I should have ticked that option box, I loved it in my DSG fabia vRS.
The only time I didn't like it, is if you overshoot a junction on a hill and have to roll back without waiting for the 2 second hold.

Just a note for people who are still waiting on their S1's, the S1 comes standard with speak to the car and it listens technology lol. Not sure what to call it. I think Mercedes call it lingatronic??
Its rather useful when you want to use the bluetooth phone connection and keep your eyes on the road.

Voice recognition but like the term speak to the car, or in my case shout at the car ! Generally just use it to turn off the satnav, but I should learn some other commands to make the most out of all of this technology...it has cost enough !

I only use the voice to call people as the scroll mechanism in the DIS is so god awful!
I have the * steering wheel button set to turn voice guidance on/off.