Facelift What the new RS3 could look like...

Auditography on instagram was saying that the Audi guys he talked to told him to expect the same 400hp and engine as the RSQ3. To me, it doesn't look like I'll change to the new RS3. It will cost more, be slower, sound worse and I don't like the new interior (touchscreen only infotainment, new gear lever, volume control).

Auditography on instagram was saying that the Audi guys he talked to told him to expect the same 400hp and engine as the RSQ3. To me, it doesn't look like I'll change to the new RS3. It will cost more, be slower, sound worse and I don't like the new interior (touchscreen only infotainment, new gear lever, volume control).

Can’t see Audi making it with the same power output as the current model.

Why would they ? Merc crown as the fastest hatch will only be toppled by a engine power hike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it irrelevant at 400+ bhp anyway, you aren't going to feel 15bhp but you would feel gearing if Audi changed that for example.
All about the cost of change, is the new one worth paying a premium over the one you have.........do you like touchscreens etc?
Likely out of the box to a road user it won't be any quicker/better than the current one, will it be different oh yes but to spend a chunk of cash to gain a new number plate and maybe 15bhp wouldn't light my fire.

Reactions: infernox
It always has been irrelevant, but that hasn't stopped the German manufacturers yet!!! Agree though that they'll find it a harder sell if they stick to the same power....:blow:

Reactions: infernox
Can’t see Audi making it with the same power output as the current model.

Why would they ? Merc crown as the fastest hatch will only be toppled by a engine power hike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant find the quote because it was in an Instagram story Q&A and he doesn't save them but I remember it mentioned someone at Audi told him it would. He does mention it here too but its from May 7th and he calls it rumours in the post, might be because he doesn't want to mention an Audi employee in a permanent post rather than a temp 24 hour story.

I got no clue why they wouldn't raise the power output, only thing I can think of is that they haven't had enough time to work on raising it and getting it through regulations so just kept the same engine.

Reactions: SPIKE_
I was really hoping, that as a gesture to the (probably) last petrol driven RS3 they would somehow stick that V8 TFSI into it.