What to buy?? :P

Flemboy1990

Reaction score
Just recently fitted my "welly cooler" and I must say lower down torque seems loads better an seems to hit boost alot earlier and hold it well but waiting till my boost gauge arrives to find out for certain :p got some money now and I'm in two minds wether to buy a relentless 3" downpipe £240 delivered, or a b5 80mm TIP £190, I already have a forge TIP and just wondering if it would be a waste buying the b5 one and money may be better off going on the downpipe what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would continue to free up the intake first and get that right, tip first and then sort out any exhaust bits after. Sell the forge tip and you will get £50 or so back again anyway.

Tip for sure, at least you know that the turbo is getting as much air as possible to free up some extra ponies. Easier to fit as well.

Go for the Badger5 TIP and a jetex or a BMC twin cone... The exhaust side is restrictive on these engines, but the Badger5 TIP is just amazeballs :)

Then get a downpipe ;)

I was thinking TIP, but have just been curious as to wether it will make that much of a difference over the forge set up, I'm going to keep the air filter I currently have on there at the minute which is a apexi with the internal cone that directs airflow into the pipe, everyone on here seems to like the b5 tip

Right b5 TIP ordered hope its worth it compared to the forge set up, once its here and on the car I will be selling the forge tip, for anyone who is interested pm me ill get some pics up of the fitting aswell :p

B5 TIP has shown 223.3g/s on my stage 1 mapped car... so I'd shout for that! And that's the V1!