What to look for when buying 2013 A4 Avant black edition?

STW

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking for some help and advice and apologies if this is wrong part of forum for this.

I’ve an opportunity to buy a March 2013 registered A4 avant black edition 2 litre manual TDI 177bhp with 72k miles on the clock for £12k. Took it for a test drive tonight from local garage selling it and was pleased with it especially compared to current 10 years old 1.4 litre Peaugot 207 I’ve been driving.

It’s MOT till April 2020 however the garage did say there are some service stamps missing from the book but they have said it has been serviced (2 previous owners) and they will carry out full service on it prior to it being sold and carry out any work needing done at their cost and give a months warranty as well.

Is there anything in particular that you think I should be looking out for or asking then to check over when. They carry out the service on the car? Unfortunately whilst I like to drive Audi’s (this will be my 6th in 15 years but first second hand one) I’m not very mechanical minded so wary of potentially being caught out with a timing belt or something like that a few months down the line when it’s out with dealer warranty.

Also I notice not possible to stream music via Bluetooth on this model which I could do on my last a3 I had in 2015. Any gadgets that could help with that rather than my phone having to be connected via cable in glove box?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and for reading.

I've got the same car. This is what I use to stream to the car, cost me about £17 off amazon. Plugs in cigarette socket in the arm rest.
ea91fe3053113d0915a553a62ce19514.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Check cam belt has been done as it will be due if not. Ignore Audi advice of 140,000 miles.

As a rule of thumb I would be doing the cam belt/water pump every 5 years regardless of mileage & what Audi say TBH

Cost? £400-500 at your friendly local Indy

I have same car but a 2014 saloon with now similiar milage.

Anyway, main dealer told me cambelt/ water pump was due at 60k?? for a cost of £770+vat. Independant VAG garage are doing in a few weeks for £458 inc vat.

You can contact Audi UK and give them the reg and theyll be able to tell what, if any, main dealer history the car has.

Thank you all for your replies. Most helpful and will assist me in making final decision.