What to look out for when buying

Hi All The site looks good and i hope to be on here more if all goes to plan

Am looking at getting a S4 around the 2011 age and was wondering what i should be on the look out for.

It wont be staying standard as thats just not me so I was looking at the mrc stage 2 as it will still be a family car so dont want to go to far ;)

any advise on what i should or shouldn't keep my eye on would be greatly received

Darren

pav911

Are you going to a manual or automatic? If auto then make sure it shifts smoothly in slow manouveres like parking. I just bought a 2011 A4 ALLROAD with an s-tronic gearbox. I'm guessing that's what you'd get in an S4. It was really clunky engaging from neutral to 1st but still smooth in higher gears. It ended up with a gearbox issue a week later.

V6_Man

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Hi All The site looks good and i hope to be on here more if all goes to plan

Am looking at getting a S4 around the 2011 age and was wondering what i should be on the look out for.

It wont be staying standard as thats just not me so I was looking at the mrc stage 2 as it will still be a family car so dont want to go to far ;)

any advise on what i should or shouldn't keep my eye on would be greatly received

Darren

Hi Darren. Welcome to the forum. Another member asked exactly the same questions about a B8 S5 - pretty much same answers. Link below to his thread as it answers all of your questions. Hope it helps!

S5 V6T
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...index.php?threads/S5-V6T.380070/&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a big help thanks