What to replace my brothers S3 with?

Necroscope

Reaction score
My brother has had his red S3 for 9+ years now, and whilst its in great condition he feels its time for a change.

His budget is 20K, and he would like a car with less than 20K on the clock.

I have suggested he looks at the following:

Newer S3
BMW 130i M-Sport
Elise
Z3
350Z/370Z

Have i missed anything? Ow and no baseball cap cars :)

Cheers,

Phil.

Im sure you could get an rs4/rs6 for that money.

RS4, very nice, and something we considered. 20K would just about get a 2006 with 60K miles on it. Given that he keeps his cars for a while, i think the replacement needs to be a bit newer, with fewer miles and lets face it, slightly cheaper to run ;)

Thanks for the input though.

How about an S4??

What sorta car is he after, sports, family, coupe etc??

How many miles does he do? Is mpg an issue? Is servicing cost an issue? etc etc.

If none of these are a concern, M3 or Evo would be high on my list. Love my 8P S3 though :)

Lol how can you say an m3 is chavvy. Maybe a e36 but nothing newer qualifys under common. M3 is a proper drivers car IMO, rwd is amazing, in the dry.

:eyebrows: How about my 8p S3 in about 4-5months time? atm its only 10months old, facelift model and it looks wicked! ..plus I will throw in all my mods in for free at the same time..revo stage 1 with switch, evoms cai, hnr springs, 1.2 pro race, milltek...:eyebrows:

Lol how can you say an m3 is chavvy. Maybe a e36 but nothing newer qualifys under common. M3 is a proper drivers car IMO, rwd is amazing, in the dry.

You should see round my area, they.re too common, seems as soon as a chav gets a bit of money it's what he wants, which is fair enough, it's just how I think of them now. They are however, superb! I just like to be different, and not mainstream.

Yeah but have you seen how bad a Beemer is in the snow or winter? So shocking. IMO unless you have a second car I wouldn't touch a beemer. Great cars to drive but crap interior. Anyways, I think I'm too much of a audi fan.

Yeah but have you seen how bad a Beemer is in the snow or winter? So shocking. IMO unless you have a second car I wouldn't touch a beemer. Great cars to drive but crap interior. Anyways, I think I'm too much of a audi fan.

True, even my bros e90 320d is shocking in snow. E46 m3 is my favourite, would seriously consider px ing for one if one came up local

LOL, i should have put Z4, not Z3.

I love the M3 as well, but i would never go for one, as they are also classed as chav around my area. Shame as its an awesome package ruined by a particular demograph (spelling).

Evo = baseball cap requirement as does any scubby.

335i, arent they all sloppy auto's?

335i, arent they all sloppy auto's?

Nope, only the 335D is an auto.

Think 335i would make a good long term car, good economy for the performance, comfortable and should be able to get at least 360 BHP just from a remap!

If considering an Elise, go for the VX220 Turbo instead. Great cars, same chassis, more power.

Highly tunable.

M3s are good but they're rear wheel drive arent they? **** in these weather conditions. Why not get a little extra on finance and go for the new RS3?? they come out early next year I think, deposits taken now.

IMO I think the m3 is a bit of a chav mobile, maybe a good car and all that but nothing says **** like owning an m3 lol if it were me I'd probably go got either the s3 if he likes what he ready has, or upgrade to an s or rs4? And the Elise or vx220 would be a good option for a real drivers car!

M3s are good but they're rear wheel drive arent they? **** in these weather conditions. Why not get a little extra on finance and go for the new RS3?? they come out early next year I think, deposits taken now.

If his budget is 20k I think more than double that is not 'a little extra'