What would be needed S-Line Front End ?

davemark

Reaction score
Hi

Recently purchased a 55 plate A3 2.0TDI

IMG_0014.JPG

the number plates and the front grills chrome is in bad condition , all tarnished

I was going to just get a new grill but had me thinking of a full s-line front end ? what parts would i need ? would i need the bonnet as well or just the bumper/grill ?

Thanks in advance

you need the complete bumper with grille and fogs, I think you need a different connector for the foglights, someone will confirm, if you do, I think they're quite cheap direct from a dealer

PS, depending where you are... I wouldn't mind your old bumper?? ;)

The whole front end basically, this conversion is well documented on here. Front end, rad pack, bumper etc, the whole lot.

If you're going for the prefacelift S line, (2005-2008ish) then you ONLY need the S line front bumper from the above year cars, 3 or 5 door. Bonnet etc doesn't need to be changed. The S Line comes with fog lights so if you want them working, they'll need to be wired up and the headlight switch replaced to accomodate the foglights.

You'll only need a complete front end if you're going for the facelift look (09 onwards) which will cost £2000+... Stick to just prefacelift S Line

WHY would a new headlight switch be required? the sport already has fogs, I figured all would be needed was a slightly different connector as they're a slightly different shape foglight.

but yeah, for the 05-08, you don't need the "whole front end"