What would you do!

KB

Reaction score
Right, what would you guys do, ive got an 99 s3 with a knackered diff, its sat in the garage so long the mot and tax has ran out. its got brand new billys on and h&r springs, new clutch and four new falken tyres. the thing is.... im sick of it. im facing a driving ban in febuary and wondering if i should just punt it cheap! oh what to do?

I replaced the diff on my 2003 S3 - cost £300 delivered off ebay (2nd hand of course, car had done 50k) - oil and filter changed and fitted for another £300. Im havin the same feelings as you at the moment - car needs work doing but would hate to see it go - think I might buy a cheap run around and keep the S3 off the road for a couple of months.

well if you dont want the car, take it back to standard and sell! You'l get so much more that way. Then just sell as a fixer upper.

Not to sound to much of a pikey, But i need a set of bilstein dampers :p haha

Here you go .... not sure about fitment ...

clickety click click

Edit : Actually just noticed its off a 2007 Golf - maybe wrong one. The guy I bought mine from was breaking the whole car and I got lucky - it arrived at my garage on a pallet next day. Have a look around.

Last edited:
As said above, if you can, spend ~£500 getting the diff fixed, and sell it. Insurance will be scary after a ban, so you should be thinking about a low group car for a while after...

Cheers,

yeah think im gonna grit my teeth and get the diff fixed, its ready for it mot aswell really, so think im gonna fix and sell. plus its the reason im getting banned anyway, bit too much speed!

well if you dont want the car, take it back to standard and sell! You'l get so much more that way. Then just sell as a fixer upper.

Not to sound to much of a pikey, But i need a set of bilstein dampers :p haha

Well we could work a deal? my bilsteins must have about 200miles on them so practualy new! if your shocks are half descent we could swap cash my way? i have H&R springs too which are the same age? think im just gonna sell as a fixer upper, ive lost the will with my old s3 i think :(

Well we could work a deal? my bilsteins must have about 200miles on them so practualy new! if your shocks are half descent we could swap cash my way? i have H&R springs too which are the same age? think im just gonna sell as a fixer upper, ive lost the will with my old s3 i think :(

You have a private message

Sell it to Welly, he like to fix things up and move it on....

That's twice this week Jo! lol.

I would get a new diff and do it. Personally, I'd sort the diff and sell up if thats what you want to do.

If you're getting banned (bad luck dude :() then she'll be hefty on the insurance when you come to drive again (depending on the ban length I guess).