Facelift What's in your tool roll?

Potterswheel

Gold Supporter
I know this may seem a bit dull, but I had course to look in the tool roll in the boot of my MY2017 S3 today. Is my tool roll complete as the bits and bobs don't seem to fit in any particular place? What is the credit card shaped thing for? What is the see through plastic pouch for on the outside?

tool roll 1.jpg tool roll 2.jpg tool roll 3.jpg

AlS3BE

You are missing the 2 wheel but cover tools compared to mine. One is like tweezers and the other looks like a twisted paper clip which is used to pull the big caps that cover the nuts.
The credit card thing if I remember right is to remover rears lights or something will get some pics tomorrow for those tools

jrumball

Clear pouch on the outside has my locking wheel but key in it, the card is to remove rear light cluster bulb holders, I have a full LED car so have never used it . I do not have a set of tweezers which I assume is for wheel bolt covers, but do have the puller for the wheel centre covers.

I have an e-tron and have a compartment on the right of the boot which has this tool kit in, along with the fuel flap release.

1632252758340.jpeg

1632253240994.jpeg

1632253281985.jpeg

1632253435313.jpeg

Last edited:

Potterswheel

Gold Supporter
I also have LEDs, so also don't have a use for the 'credit card' , does any one know what seems to be the longest Torx key in the world is for?

Ice Kay

VCDS Map User
I also have LEDs, so also don't have a use for the 'credit card' , does any one know what seems to be the longest Torx key in the world is for?
Ive used that to unscrew the cover on the air filter

ArrEssDrei

Huh, I though the flat thing was an ice scraper.... I have LED lights so shouldn't need it for changing bulbs... interesting.

Potterswheel

Gold Supporter
I think the long Torx key has a more sinister use, like for instance something to do if the gear selector gets stuck, not sure about this and hope I never have to find out!!!!

Frizzley

I think the long Torx key has a more sinister use, like for instance something to do if the gear selector gets stuck, not sure about this and hope I never have to find out!!!!
This shows what its used for

46D7B25B-C43A-4378-AFF8-D2D5E35FC1EC.jpeg

markland21

it just came to my mind that the long torx could be used to remove that stubborn bolt from the front bumper (just under the headlight where bumper meets the inner wing), whenever I take it off i have to find a long *** extension to reach to that bolt from the wheel arch, maybe the torx key its just long enough :thumbs up:

Attachments

• DCM2011234.png
    DCM2011234.png
    555.6 KB · Views: 13