Facelift What's in your tool roll?

Potterswheel

S3 Compact Limo
Reaction score
I know this may seem a bit dull, but I had course to look in the tool roll in the boot of my MY2017 S3 today. Is my tool roll complete as the bits and bobs don't seem to fit in any particular place? What is the credit card shaped thing for? What is the see through plastic pouch for on the outside?

Tool roll 1 Tool roll 2 Tool roll 3

You are missing the 2 wheel but cover tools compared to mine. One is like tweezers and the other looks like a twisted paper clip which is used to pull the big caps that cover the nuts.
The credit card thing if I remember right is to remover rears lights or something will get some pics tomorrow for those tools

Reactions: Potterswheel
Clear pouch on the outside has my locking wheel but key in it, the card is to remove rear light cluster bulb holders, I have a full LED car so have never used it . I do not have a set of tweezers which I assume is for wheel bolt covers, but do have the puller for the wheel centre covers.

I have an e-tron and have a compartment on the right of the boot which has this tool kit in, along with the fuel flap release.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlS3BE and Potterswheel
I also have LEDs, so also don't have a use for the 'credit card' , does any one know what seems to be the longest Torx key in the world is for?

24F35FFB C73A 4FEE 8AD0 801108BF992C

left one is for the big centre caps that covers the nuts and the right one is for the small individual nut covers.

Reactions: Potterswheel
Huh, I though the flat thing was an ice scraper.... I have LED lights so shouldn't need it for changing bulbs... interesting.

I think the long Torx key has a more sinister use, like for instance something to do if the gear selector gets stuck, not sure about this and hope I never have to find out!!!!

I think the long Torx key has a more sinister use, like for instance something to do if the gear selector gets stuck, not sure about this and hope I never have to find out!!!!
This shows what its used for

46D7B25B C43A 4378 AFF8 D2D5E35FC1EC

View attachment 243278
left one is for the big centre caps that covers the nuts and the right one is for the small individual nut covers.
The left hand hook and loop tool is also intended to be used for pulling off the black grilles over the fog lamps on an S Line, although it's not great. They have a hole in them for just that purpose.
MM

Reactions: AlS3BE

it just came to my mind that the long torx could be used to remove that stubborn bolt from the front bumper (just under the headlight where bumper meets the inner wing), whenever I take it off i have to find a long *** extension to reach to that bolt from the wheel arch, maybe the torx key its just long enough :thumbs up:

Attachments

• DCM2011234.png
    DCM2011234.png
    555.6 KB · Views: 63