Whats it worth? Audi A3 2.0 TDI 2004, 85k

granty578

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy an A3 with a set budget of around £5500.

I've seen a nice 2004 A3 Sport in silver with 85k on the clock, MOT sep 2013 and tax Jan 2013.

It has the following:

Xenons
Red leather interior (looks gorgeous!)
Rear parking sensors
Bluetooth
Bose system with 6CD changer
FSH

They're asking £5750, which is about £1000 more than an equivilant sport without the extras.

Is it worth it? I think it's slightly overpriced, maybe around £5200?

Thanks,

Granty

To be honest if its a nice car and the car for you then your not that far apart and should be able to reach a deal.Dealer prices are always about right they have to be otherwise they wont sell. Believe me paying a few quid extra for the right car is worth it especially if keeping it a while.

Ask them to run a diagnostic check and let you have a printout to see if any faults show up.

Is it the 2.0 tdi ? If so just check the coolant top-up bottle to see if it has the correct amount in. Certain models had a head problem that caused water evaporation. Any sign of white-ish smoke from the exhaust and it should be avoided !

According to CAP, that retail price is bang on for the sport spec car, so you're getting all those options for free.

I think it is a good price since it has got high specs. I have same model 2004 and I paid 5.8K 6 months ago which doesnt have xenon,parking aid or leather seats. Mileage is about the same :))