Whats next after the S3 8P?

briniuk

Reaction score
I do love the S3 11 sportback but always thinking what car would be next, I love the grip the car has.

Whats people thoughts?

Personally, I'm not sure. I like the A3/S3 platform, it's a size that suits my needs.
That said, I would like to try an S4/RS4.
I wouldn't discount anything if I'm honest.

thats a good one the S4 is the one I wanted before the S3 but its the efficiency and running costs which steered me for now

Reactions: Jake 61 and batch
SE 8V with a tune is getting good numbers and looks good.

Not a car you would tinker with much, I'd be tempted to go to a 135 or 335 when they're a bit cheaper to get some big power and RWD fun post upgrades.

What's next after an S3....

A faster S3

Reactions: Ben shults, s3_trev, THQuattro and 9 others
I do love the S3 11 sportback but always thinking what car would be next, I love the grip the car has.

Whats people thoughts?

Random question with little definition to help answer.

Define what you mean by whats next? Same brand, more power, bigger size, better track day car and so on...

S3 8v or rs5 8v getting mad numbers with couple mods

S3 8v or rs5 8v getting mad numbers with couple mods

Not so sure about the S3 8V and mad numbers.....not yet anyway..:rock:

Reactions: Sayam
Not so sure about the S3 8V and mad numbers.....not yet anyway..:rock:
Well I seen 382hp 0-60 3.25 with version 1 stage 1 and downpipe induction kit ,admit not quite at your level but pretty impressive

Reactions: S3Alex
Well I seen 382hp 0-60 3.25 with version 1 stage 1 and downpipe induction kit ,admit not quite at your level but pretty impressive

It was partly tongue in cheek,but certainly the 8V has a bit more reserve on the turbo map than the 8P had with the K04.

I think the 8V owners are at the stage that we were at around 5 yrs ago,with relatively few products on the market,and not a great deal of real development having been done.
They will have problems with the integrated head/manifold design,but I'm sure some of that will be got around in time.

The other point is that the "old" 8P isn't at the limits of development yet,and a lot of new products are still coming to the market,and allowing greater power and torque outputs,so there's room there yet.

It was partly tongue in cheek,but certainly the 8V has a bit more reserve on the turbo map than the 8P had with the K04.

I think the 8V owners are at the stage that we were at around 5 yrs ago,with relatively few products on the market,and not a great deal of real development having been done.
They will have problems with the integrated head/manifold design,but I'm sure some of that will be got around in time.

The other point is that the "old" 8P isn't at the limits of development yet,and a lot of new products are still coming to the market,and allowing greater power and torque outputs,so there's room there yet.
O no daubt 8p has life in it yet ,I imagin the 8v has been held back by Audi cos of the rs3 ,I have read that the exhaust us very very restrictive from the factory, be a while till I can afford an 8v specced one up yesterday and it was 42k lol,just wish it wasn't so crap on tick over

O no daubt 8p has life in it yet ,I imagin the 8v has been held back by Audi cos of the rs3 ,I have read that the exhaust us very very restrictive from the factory, be a while till I can afford an 8v specced one up yesterday and it was 42k lol,just wish it wasn't so **** on tick over

The stock 8P exhaust is also pretty restrictive around the cat and downpipe regions.

Audi designed the manifold etc on the 8V for fuel efficiency and emissions,but thankfully also designed in port injectors as well as DI,given the problems with inlet valve coking on the TFSi.

I think I'm happy with my S3 as I've still got loads to do....

Reactions: Allman45
The stock 8P exhaust is also pretty restrictive around the cat and downpipe regions.

Audi designed the manifold etc on the 8V for fuel efficiency and emissions,but thankfully also designed in port injectors as well as DI,given the problems with inlet valve coking on the TFSi.

I think I'm happy with my S3 as I've still got loads to do....
****** emissions ,I should hope you are happy must have spent a fortune on it! Yeah down pipe will be ordered for mine next ,then stage 1 hopefully get few more torque out of it

****** emissions ,I should hope you are happy must have spent a fortune on it! Yeah down pipe will be ordered for mine next ,then stage 1 hopefully get few more torque out of it

It's addictive.

I said I wouldn't do anything to this car,and it would be like my last Audis.

Then came Stg1...then 2,and so on.
Stg1 is simply the start of a slippery slope......

Reactions: Smirky
It's addictive.

I said I wouldn't do anything to this car,and it would be like my last Audis.

Then came Stg1...then 2,and so on.
Stg1 is simply the start of a slippery slope......
Yeah not tuned a car for yrs Not gonna go mad looooool

Random question with little definition to help answer.

Define what you mean by whats next? Same brand, more power, bigger size, better track day car and so on...
well im open to ideas but I do want a little more power and I like the grip audi give IE lSD/4WD, do like the size of the s3 but upto s4 possible

well im open to ideas but I do want a little more power and I like the grip audi give IE lSD/4WD, do like the size of the s3 but upto s4 possible

If it's only power and handling you want to improve,consider keeping it and doing that.

If not then maybe an S3 saloon or similar?

Think I prefer the Golf R over the S3. It seems a little less grown up, just have to wait until I can justify a new car. Loving the S3 for now ;)

thats a good one the S4 is the one I wanted before the S3 but its the efficiency and running costs which steered me for now
After running the V6 for a few months now, I am used to the hit I take at the pumps, so moving to a V8 would probably not hurt as much as changing from diesel to petrol initially.
I like the thought of plenty power straight out of the box, basically, because I hate the idea of no car. Modding is very satisfying, but, I just don't have the time for it and the car is used as a daily driver.
I would like to do a stage 2 on the 3.2 but, I'm well aware that, that is as far as I could take it without going completely mad.
I have plenty of time to think about what's next though, there won't be any rush decisions.
Only one definite and that is that it will be an Audi.
:yes:

Reactions: Sandra
After running the V6 for a few months now, I am used to the hit I take at the pumps, so moving to a V8 would probably not hurt as much as changing from diesel to petrol initially.
I like the thought of plenty power straight out of the box, basically, because I hate the idea of no car. Modding is very satisfying, but, I just don't have the time for it and the car is used as a daily driver.
I would like to do a stage 2 on the 3.2 but, I'm well aware that, that is as far as I could take it without going completely mad.
I have plenty of time to think about what's next though, there won't be any rush decisions.
Only one definite and that is that it will be an Audi.
:yes:
Is that the 3.2 v6 a3 you have then?

After the S3 most likely something diesel for everyday as I'm after a house and then most if you will provs hate this but I'll more then likely return to my jap days and rwd maybe an s15 or rx7 project I know it's not to most people's liking on here

I have thought about this over and over and there is just nothing else that ticks the boxes for me. Im not even interested in the 8V yet as there is still so much I wanna do to my 8P. I mean look at Alex there, that guy is walking proof of just how much scope there is with these cars, and hes not close to being finished yet!

So IMO the answer to your question is, just spend more money on the 8P!

Reactions: S3Alex and Jake 61
I have thought about this over and over and there is just nothing else that ticks the boxes for me. Im not even interested in the 8V yet as there is still so much I wanna do to my 8P. I mean look at Alex there, that guy is walking proof of just how much scope there is with these cars, and hes not close to being finished yet!

I have to say that if it hadn't been for one friend in particular,who has an even more powerful Golf than my S3,I'd never have had the inspiration to do that.

The thing is that in the last year,there's been a real run of good parts becoming available,like intake and exhaust manifolds,and especially the Syvecs ECU,making 600+bhp not only possible,but almost straightforward.
It will likely take as long for the 8V guys to see that development as it has for us,so whilst they can get more power via remaps from the start,big power is a way off yet for them.

Reactions: s3_trev

Whats people thoughts?

Same dilemma, I love my 8P HB but after 5 years I've decided to change her. Initially was thinking of getting a 8V SB but this changed today after test driving the mini S4 aka the S3 saloon. That's my two pence worth !

Last edited:

Good point I guess theres a lot of scope for tuning. I dont think theres many cars which have the great looks the S3 8P has.

Reactions: s3_trev and S3Alex
Maybe this is off topic but ive often felt the standard seats of the 8P S3 arnt very good. Compare them to the 8L and they fail in comparison I think. I think they should have a recaro or s3 emblem on the headrest or something.

Reactions: ron burgandy and Compkiler