What's next..

JGrant

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondered if you could gimme some advice , I've just had a remap with dpf delete what's next to get it ready for a remap stage 2.

Thanks. Josh

clutch? Intake? Brakes?

What engine do you have?
I have the 2.0 170 , can you give me some ideas as to what clutch and intake.. I have been looking at fitting the rs brakes but I literally can't afford the 450 asking price is there anything I can do that'll make a difference until I can afford them?

I have the 2.0 170 , can you give me some ideas as to what clutch and intake.. I have been looking at fitting the rs brakes but I literally can't afford the 450 asking price is there anything I can do that'll make a difference until I can afford them?

Diesel?

On your 170 a dpf delete and remap will take it to 210bhp

on my 2.0 TDI 140 i have had the following done:

Hybrid turbo
Stage 1 clutch and flywheel (darkside developments)
DECAT
EGR Delete
Backbox Delete
S3 Brakes
Car is doing 220 BHP...

if you wanted more power you could try any one of those and then upgrade the intercooler or injectors and get your car up to 260bhp
of course you would need to remap it again once you have made the engine changes

Last edited:
Reactions: JGrant
On your 170 a pdf delete and remap will take it to 210bhp

on my 2.0 TDI 140 i have had the following done:

Hybrid turbo
Stage 1 clutch and flywheel (darkside developments)
DECAT
EGR Delete
Backbox Delete
S3 Brakes
Car is doing 220 BHP...

if you wanted more power you could try any one of those and then upgrade the intercooler or injectors and get your car up to 260bhp
Exeent that's very helpful !!! If I was to upgrade the inter cooler and what would it be too? Is there any websites you can gimme to have a look on, because I have looked for inter coolers but only found petrol ones

no probs mate, i would suggest you have a look at http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk or http://www.dieselgeek.com for diesel performance parts

I would say go for the S3 intercooler as its good for what you will need it to do although most say that the stock intercooler is good for 300BHP anyway

Whats your experience like with Darkside?
A lot of people have said bad things about them...
Not sure what to think as i haven't heard any solid proof...

Whats your experience like with Darkside?
A lot of people have said bad things about them...
Not sure what to think as i haven't heard any solid proof...
I have to agree I've heard mixed reviews too Im just worried I'll buy some parts n they'll be crap or summit lol, also could anyone help with my alarm it just goes off soon as I lock it or even ten mins later it only happened since its been remapped maybe they have done something? ...