What's the best window cleaner?

dg-1984

Reaction score
I am looking for the best way to clean the windows on the inside.
Mainly the front window.
The windscreen has been replaced previously and the circle suction cup marks won't shift.

Any thoughts or home remedies that would clean it up?

Invisible Glass and scrunched up newspaper

Reactions: dg-1984
For stubborn marks etc I steamclean them then buff. If I am just going over them, I put a mf under very hot water, ring it out, run over the glass and buff. I have tried so many different window cleaners, household and car specific, they are all average and nothing is streak free

Reactions: dg-1984
The only thing I want is a cleaner that doesn't smear, that annoys me. So far I've used two that get the thumbs up:

Turtle Wax ClearVue Glass Cleaner
Sonax Xtreme Glass Nanopro

(going to try the standard Sonax one next thanks for the tip @Scottyg )

Well I tried something my wife had under the kitchen sink, was a Mr muscle touch up cleaner, used it on the house mirrors and was excellent so gave it a try and worked an absolute treat window now super clean.
Cleanest it's ever been. :rockwoot:

IMG 20161115 192436

Reactions: Sandra
IPA is what i use:

0b9e96393a914042c46939e4585c84fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and dg-1984
I have that in spray cans at work maybe a can may fall into my bag and end up in my garage for future use and give it a try.

Fine mist on. One microfibre to remove and then a second to buff. Nothing will clean better.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gtechniq Glass cleaner, gtechniq Glass polish,the Polish will leave your glass free of whatever has been applied to it or stains, then apply G glass cleaner

Gtechniq Glass cleaner, gtechniq Glass polish,the Polish will leave your glass free of whatever has been applied to it or stains, then apply G glass cleaner
Welcome to the Detailing Section @jassyo06 ;) :D

Reactions: Daytonapig and Jassyo06
Just as a follow up to my earlier post. I'd cleaned the side windows on our VW Jetta with the Sonax Xtreme Glass Nanopro. I didn't do the front or rear screens. This morning the side windows only had condensation on them whereas the front and back were frosted up. Will need to test this some more but was interesting.

I use rainX on the back and side windows and and water just beads off once start driving.
Don't use it in front as it smears after a while of using window wipers at low speed.

never had a issue with good old AG Glass Cleaner, you can use it all round with no problems.

What cloths do people use when using these cleaners? Standard microfibres seem to hold too much lint

On the wife's MINI I'm using Infinity Waxes Rapid Detailer on all the exterior glass
Working quite well as hydrophobic coating on the glass at the mo

I use turtlewax window cleaner from Halfords. I had problems with my sportback (see display pic) where the dog in the rear would sneeze and snort all over the inner windows. This and a cloth from Amazon made it really easy to clean. I once also spilled bodily fluid onto my rear view mirror in my e46 330ci (don't ask) and again, came off really easily, excuse the pun.

i've just bought some gtechniq cleaner, will let you all know what it's like!

Autoglym Fast Glass, Dodo Juice Clearly menthol & Autofinesse Crystal are very good products