What's the difference between EAGLE F1 GS-D3 205/55 R16 91W BSW and 205/55 R16 91W

icenutter

Reaction score
Seeing as people seem to be raving about Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS-D3 tyres I have decided to see for myself. I've been pricing them up on www.mytyres.co.uk but there are two slightly different specifications; 205/55 R16 91W BSW and 205/55 R16 91W. I've had a look on the Goodyear website and found nothing. A google indicates that BSW could stand for Black Side Wall, but I'd have thought most tyres were black. :blink:

goodyeargsd3.png

Does anyone know what the difference is, apart from £10?

I always thought BSW was black side wall? - although I dont know what thats opposed to... you dont see many white walled tyres nowadays :think:

Found this:

BSW = Black Side Wall there is no difference between the tires only the looks there is a black 3d ring on the wall.

Just a cosmetic thing, presumably they are older stock? Although there is also something about GSD'3 being either from Germany or the Far East, could also relate to that.

funniest one has to be GSW - Gold sidewall.... Has anyone ever seen any of these?

Cheers. I guess they coudn't describe them as havving a black ringpiece. :asskicking: