Whats the highest speed you have ever driven?

Reaction score
And what speed you had out of you Audi?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

I have had 145 on my Road angel and my speedo said 150. I dont think i could get much more than that maybe an extra 5mph if the road was longer.

(On a private road of course)

27 mph.

On my push bike, down hill with the wind behind me.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif

2227 mph.

In my space shuttle, re-entering the earths orbit, down hill with the wind behind me.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

150mph on spedo of new S4 on Saturday (Not me driving) Fastest i've went in my car is about 100mph not really in to driving like a nutter! but like getting to 80 as quickly as possible! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Cheers

Derek /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The fastest i have driven is 150mph in my motor that was not flat out (private road )
A motor bike 145mph( ZZR )i was on the back and no more ,fastest journey of my life and the last one i intend to take with this person who gave me it nutter!!!!!! Going round corners doing 90mph with my head 1 foot away from the deck , a life changing moment i will never forget

yeh being on the back off a bike at over 130 was the stupidest thing i've ever done.
Was completely off my face in majorca and this waiter gave me a lift to the next town as i couldn't get a taxi. it was all a blur...but getting a taxi back the next day and thinking how some dangerous it was to be going at that speed on an unlit road on the back of a bike. my mate was also given a lift but he couldn't remember the journey at all...lucky him!!!

Speedo said 145, and engine was pulling hard, last Friday. Managed to take eyes of road for a moment to tell gf, who was very surprised.

As she said, she had no idea we were going so fast as there was no other cars to reference the speed...

As she said, she had no idea we were going so fast as there was no other cars to reference the speed...

How did you manage to override the wife/gf speed limiter? Will ask AMD if they can fit me one!

[ QUOTE ]
155mph in an 3.2 Quattro A3 on the motorway here in Switzerland. Good fun, held the road very nicely...

[/ QUOTE ]

everytime I've driven / been driven through switzerland I've always been told that the police are mad about people speeding on the motorway! so 155mph is pretty good going!
Love all the cars in Switzerland, everyone has good taste in the alps!

Personally the fastest I've driven is an indicated 265kph in a Mercedes S500 (the mid-90's version) on the autobahn somewhere near Wolfsburg as I recall. The power of that car was astonishing.

The fastest I've been driven was an indicated 300kph on a French B-road in a Bugatti EB110 Supersport (that's the superquick version of which I think only 9 were ever made). Only time I've really felt g-force from the acceleration of a car - you could feel each of the 4 turbos kick in sequentially.

I've had the A3 up to an indicated 130mph (again on the autobahn going skiing) but my winter tyres are limited to 130mph so didn't fancy going any faster even though the car easily felt like it had more to come.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
155mph in an 3.2 Quattro A3 on the motorway here in Switzerland. Good fun, held the road very nicely...

[/ QUOTE ]

everytime I've driven / been driven through switzerland I've always been told that the police are mad about people speeding on the motorway! so 155mph is pretty good going!
Love all the cars in Switzerland, everyone has good taste in the alps!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Police are getting pretty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif over here, they keep on adding radar after radar, supposed to be another 50 getting added in the french speaking part this year. Also if you get caught going 30Km/h over the limit you lose your license for atleast a month. But I did it on a stretch of motorway where I know they don't hang out and it was in the middle of the night.

Yes the Swiss are famous for their intolerance of speed or most forms of light-hearted behaviour for that matter.

I was trying to explain this to my sister as she drove my Golf through Zurich at 80mph in a 80kph zone.

I've been sat with a guy doing 160 in germany in his kit car. The nutter had put a 1.8t out of a insurance right off A4 into his caterham kit car. That thing could out drag most bikes it came across.

Managed 135 GPS indicated out of my old A4 (110 TDI with a Bromley Tunit Box) and the same out of my current company car ... an Octavia 110 TDI (with the same Tunit Box). Can't wait till I get my new 2.5 TDI A4 Estate, that should be so much better after an AMD remap.

172 mph in an RS6 with 500 BHP and engine limiter removed on the Autobahn between Essen and Cologne. Or 137mph on the M6 Toll, but wasn't driving on that occasion in a 4.5 Cerbera at 3am, fastest taxi I've ever been in!!

But the one I'm proud of is 127mph in a 1.6 Vauxhall Vectra (Got banned for that one but never mind!!) Didn't think it could do it!

[ QUOTE ]

How did you manage to override the wife/gf speed limiter? Will ask AMD if they can fit me one!

[/ QUOTE ]Just find one that likes going fast hard i know as i had the same reaction from my ex (cant believe we are going that fast 140+ private airfield of course) i'll pm you with her details if you want i've got no use for her now or that could be the other way round. Last time was at amd couldnt find a bird worthy of sitting in te front of an s3 so that optoion could be pricey.