What's this? a Audi Golf RS-R3?

Each to their own.

I like the seats that’s why I specced em.

Audi leather seats are by no means perfect either.....RS3 Sports Seats / SSS wear quite badly on the bolster....
Seen a lot that look terrible for their age when I’ve had people come for Coding Work.

On both my RS 3 ‘s 8P with buckets and the 8V seat bolster leather soon started to crease and go out of shape.
Perhaps that just depends on whether your backside is "ample" or not. I'm unable to comment :innocent:

TX.

Reactions: RGBARGEE and T-800
That’s horrendous. I’m even careful with how I hold the steering wheel to preserve leather and stop it from going shiny but personally I always drive with two hands on anyway.

I’m worried about the Alcantara in the FL, so much so that I’m looking at getting driving gloves (absolute willy I know). On my test drive last week, so many times I found myself clinging onto the wheel extremely tightly I know the alcantara wont last 5 minutes.

And I bet the best thing is, if Audi saw that on a car they took in... they would chip you for it.
Admin, if @AudiNutta gets driving gloves, please ban him from the forum!!!

Reactions: billymc92, Beebee-one, Evotion and 2 others
Admin, if @AudiNutta gets driving gloves, please ban him from the forum!!!

:lmfao:

I really don’t want to, but I really don’t want to ruin my Alcantara either :blownose:

Difficult call to make! For local trips I wouldn’t use them, but those times where I find myself clinging on for life I think they will help :shrug:

Lol :)

IMG 4307

Reactions: Terminator x
So what we're saying is ....

Audi got the positioning of the alcantara right on the pre-face lift after all then :whistle2:

IMG 4308

No gloves needed here :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Terminator x and RSTHRILLER
Correct! It does feel nice on the FL, but it isn’t practical.

The thing is .... alcantara is common on high end car steering wheels so why does the Audi material wear so quickly ?

The thing is .... alcantara is common on high end car steering wheels so why does the Audi material wear so quickly ?

Hm, not sure but we will have to see how this Alcantara wears on the steering wheels. In my experience I’ve seen Alcantara goes flat and almost looks green on the PFL with wear!

More proof of how poor Audi leather is

Steering wheel on my 18 month old RS3
dd2d6caac026dab32b5cc7c5a9b257ae.jpg

how many miles in 18 months?

I 've done 70.000km in 11 months and leather is still perfect.

regards

My A4 has full leather, it's 9 years old but the interior is still in perfect condition.

Audi should be replacing that wheel under warranty.

Reactions: AudiNutta
My A4 has full leather, it's 9 years old but the interior is still in perfect condition.

Audi should be replacing that wheel under warranty.

Yep, but Audi base everything on wear and tear. I’ve seen the scale the dealerships use, basically if you don’t have holes in your seats they won’t even bother asking Audi Warranty.

Back to the original topic.... I'm going to start saving.

What for...... An RS3,an RS3 steering wheel or the driving gloves :whistle2:

Reactions: AudiNutta and D0C
After the vw bs they said they handed the r400 project over to Audi because of financial reasons recently a 5 pot Tiguan r has been seen so wouldn't rule out a 5 pot golf r

Think it was pointed out that the Tiguan running round the Ring, had an Audi designated licence plate, and as the RS-Q3 is a re-bodied Tiguan anyway, it was more than likely a test mule for the upcoming RS-Q3.

I really like the Tiguan, and owned once years ago. I would really fancy a 5-pot Tiguan, but never once fancied an RS-Q3

I really like the Tiguan, and owned once years ago. I would really fancy a 5-pot Tiguan, but never once fancied an RS-Q3

Each to their own and I know that the Audi RS Q3 was considered the work of Satan according to most Audi forums, however I adored the RS Q3 Performance that I had and will, finances permiting get into the replacement RS Q3 or the RS Q4 spin off :)

I'm wondering why you'd consider a 5-pot Tiguan but you wouldn't an RS Q3?

Reactions: RSTHRILLER
Think it was pointed out that the Tiguan running round the Ring, had an Audi designated licence plate, and as the RS-Q3 is a re-bodied Tiguan anyway, it was more than likely a test mule for the upcoming RS-Q3.

It was said that the engine obviously produced by Audi but to be put in a Tiguan r
This new golf 5 pot r and the rs3
Rsq3 and 5 pot Tiguan r

Each to their own and I know that the Audi RS Q3 was considered the work of Satan according to most Audi forums, however I adored the RS Q3 Performance that I had and will, finances permiting get into the replacement RS Q3 or the RS Q4 spin off :)

I'm wondering why you'd consider a 5-pot Tiguan but you wouldn't an RS Q3?

I just preferred the look of the Tiguan to the Q3, and it was the same with the interior. Plus, strangely, the driving position in the Tiguan was better.

It'll be interesting to see what the new Q3 looks like. But if it looks anything like the Q2, then it'll look awful, IMHO. I think the front and side profile of the new Tiguan look pretty good. The rear, not so much. Next door has a Grey R-Line, and it looks good.

But I'm changing my mind with cars on a weekly basis. Was keen for a new RS3 saloon, but now I'm not that bothered, and probably won't order one. Too much money over my S3 for just 100bhp more. So then I'm thinking 5-pot Tiguan. Then there's the whole Golf R-400 again. But I really like the new Megane RS. £30K for a car that will not see which way an RS3 went in a straight line, but should be an absolute blast on most back roads.

I have a Twingo 133RS as a run-a-round, and to drive, it's far more fun than my S3.

I've got a Mk1 SQ5 plus which I really like the look of (states the obvious) but I've never liked the Q3 or RSQ3, IMO the proportions just don't look right somehow. Don't like the new Q5s either but - confusingly- quite like the look of the Tig!!

It'll be interesting to see what the new Q3 looks like. But if it looks anything like the Q2, then it'll look awful, IMHO. I think the front and side profile of the new Tiguan look pretty good. The rear, not so much. Next door has a Grey R-Line, and it looks good

Totally agree on the looks of the Q2 and really hope the new Q3 and Q4 do not follow that design/look!!!

One thing that concerns me, the current Q3's chassis can be traced back to the MK5 Golf. If the new Q3 inherits the MQB platform from the current A3/MK7 Golf etc, it could mean the Q3 will always be a generation behind on its underpinnings as there is talk of an all new A3 for 2019 and that could have another all new floorpan.........

I've got a Mk1 SQ5 plus which I really like the look of (states the obvious) but I've never liked the Q3 or RSQ3, IMO the proportions just don't look right somehow. Don't like the new Q5s either but - confusingly- quite like the look of the Tig!!

I'm with you there. The MK1 SQ5 looks (and sounds) really nice. But just like the new A5 and R8, the new Q5 doesn't look as good as it's predecessor.

Think Audi are losing their touch when it comes to car design. They certainly can't produce a decent looking alloy these days either.

Look is ok but not sure it's that great. Should I sell RS3 and A4 Avant and buy an RS4???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on why you have 2 cars currently mate.

If the RS4 would cover all bases of the 2 current cars then I would say it's most certainly worth considering.

RS4 looks amazing !
Top modern spec - inside & out
Tech bang up to date
Engine / sound / performance
1 car depreciation / tax / running cost / insurance / servicing etc

Should be the best of both cars you have now.

Go for a test drive RG & then see how you feel about the car - but I would consider an RS4 saloon if there is one at some point.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Depends on why you have 2 cars currently mate.

If the RS4 would cover all bases of the 2 current cars then I would say it's most certainly worth considering.

RS4 looks amazing !
Top modern spec - inside & out
Tech bang up to date
Engine / sound / performance
1 car depreciation / tax / running cost / insurance / servicing etc

Should be the best of both cars you have now.

Go for a test drive RG & then see how you feel about the car - but I would consider an RS4 saloon if there is one at some point.
Very well put! The new RS4 looks like it will be a cracking car.

No chance it will be more than the RS3. The Golf R is well equipped and attainable for £30k with discounts. The RS3 is £50k with the bare minimum of options. VW just couldn't get away with anywhere near £50k for a Golf, even a 400hp one. £40k is more likely.

Well RS3 sportback is £44k so I can see this Golf R420 being £42k. Maybe they'll have an akrapovic exhaust option like the golf R. Either way I wouldn't be interested, want a change from the hatchback shape.

If you were a bodyshop based near the Nurburgring you could start so many false rumours

I'm a die hard Audi fan and loved my S3's. I've driven both pre and facelift RS3 and they are amazing, but I still feel it's all about the engine.

Now, if VW roll out an uber Golf with the 2.5 lump I'll be all over it like a horrific rash. I'm currently in the facelift Golf GTI and I am still overwhelmed at the build quality and standard spec. Alright, it's the GTI model, but standard spec and in my eyes, value for money, it's miles ahead of the equivalent Audi.

For the same spec options which are standard on the GTI, I priced up a 2.0T A3 and the options were near £3.5k extra. I don't have leather, just the Mk1 throw back tartan seats. And they're freakin' awesome.

Bearing in mind the R is the direct competition for the S3, VW currently do not have a RS3 equivalent car. A R400 or R420, 2.5 or huge boost 2.0T, I'd certainly be going to VW as opposed to Audi.

Reactions: D0C and RSTHRILLER
Sorry but I disagree that a Golf R is a direct competitor for an S3. Bit like saying the Arteon is a direct competitor for an A5 Sportback. Good though they are unless VW are considerably cheaper than an Audi over a 3 year period I will stick with Audi. Better Nav better music options, better residuals. Just my 2p... RS3 is awesome!

Sorry but I disagree that a Golf R is a direct competitor for an S3. Bit like saying the Arteon is a direct competitor for an A5 Sportback. Good though they are unless VW are considerably cheaper than an Audi over a 3 year period I will stick with Audi. Better Nav better music options, better residuals. Just my 2p... RS3 is awesome!

The S3 and the R are so similar in every way they have to be direct competitors.

The S3 and the R are so similar in every way they have to be direct competitors.

The engine may be the same. You can get the same engine in a Skoda Yeti and an Audi A5 it doesn't make them 'direct' competition to many people!

The engine may be the same. You can get the same engine in a Skoda Yeti and an Audi A5 it doesn't make them 'direct' competition to many people!

Nope but same engine, same gear box, same platform, similar price, same performance both targeting the same market does.

Well I think we get hit as it pertains to price on Audi once you start going above base builds, don’t you? That can quickly increase the cost of an S3 over an R by quite a bit.

I imagine if VW releases an R400/420 it will be a good bit less than an RS3. That said, the US is still limited in their offerings of RS3 as we only get the one version & no Sportback offering, which may be similar as it pertains to offerings of an enhanced R model for the US. (Sorry slightly off topic)

Hard to say which I’d personally choose. The thought of an R400/420 is awesome, but I love the styling of the RS3 Sportback, no question. My $0.02.