whats this broken bit ?

cjhill

hmmmmm interesting.
Reaction score
Dear all,
Was having an MOT and i noticed this when the car was up on the ramp. Its attached to the rear passenger suspension arm and a plastic piece is broken,
It looks like it might be something that adjusts (perhapse the headlights) when the suspension moves...

Is that what it is..?
Does anyone know if when fixing it, the whole unit needs replacing or just the broken bit.

Cheers

broken.jpg

Headlight level sensor, there is one on the rear and one on the front. Yours needs replacing unfortunately. the plastic bit cannot be removed and replaced. I think they are about £35 from vag parts.

thanks guys,

reliable and quick - this web site is saving me a fortune ! (well apart from tempting me to upgrade all the time.)

I thought that was the rear brakes sensor – when passengers are in the back more brake is applied to the rear wheels.

rraghvani said:
I thought that was the rear brakes sensor – when passengers are in the back more brake is applied to the rear wheels.

Nope, it's one of the two level sensors for the self leveling headlights as said above... I'm 99% sure that the brake balance is never altered on these cars unless you're under ABS then the EBD will brake whichever wheel it sees fit based on wheel speed.