Whats your favourite paid for option

Necroscope

Reaction score
There are lots of new members of late, and i was just wondering what is people single favourite paid option?

For me its ADS, its great, i only wish i had gone for the sports dif too.

So come on whats yours?

There are lots of new members of late, and i was just wondering what is people single favourite paid option?

For me its ADS, its great, i only wish i had gone for the sports dif too.

So come on whats yours?

ADS for me too. It's like having a car for me and a car for the wife and family all in one.

Still deciding! Really like the power tailgate
and the memory seats / mirrors!

Hmmm. Don't like the power tailgate as I can't figure out why Audi decided to switch the power off to it when it's open and the ignition switches itself off after however long it is. Annoying.
I'd have to go for tech pack high right now, as I find the HDD Nav excellent and I was impressed when all my bberry contacts automatically uploaded themselves to the car. And the AMI :)
I suspect this may change in winter when I have a toasty warm bum a few minutes after getting in :)

I've left my tailgate open for ages without the ignition and have never found that issue.

If the question had been asked in winter then the power tail would have been my answer. Just the ability to open the boot without getting covered in the winter road grime is certainly a nice feature.

Oh and thinking of darker winter times I love the dimming side mirrors. Without them the dimming interior one seems like half a job. Why would you not want to be blinded by one mirror but it be ok in the others?

I don't even know if I have auto dimming side mirrors!
Having just driven 2 miles in my courtesy Fox I think any form of air con gets my vote!
Garage just rung - car available lunch time on Friday - can't come soon enough - driving to Bradford in the Fox Friday morning, hope it rains or I'll be turning up at the clients a sweaty mess!

The good news is you do as they come with the Electric Folding Mirrors ;)

I like Tech Pack High but I'm dissapointed with the mapping. The maps are woefully out of date both in terms of content and not being able to use full postcodes. I know the RNS510/Columbus found in VW and Skoda now has 7 digit postcodes so clearly Navteq have the information.

At the moment it's certainly not the sound system in the car as it has gone back to the dealers as there is no sound being produced!

Sorry to hear you're having problems mate!
I've never been overly impressed by Audi's
Nav system... Don't get me started on the postcodes!
And the voice is awful!

Found out that it needs a new amp, so have been loaned a drop top TT quattro for the weekend as they can't get an amp until Monday.

It is superb, handles so much better than the coupe I had a couple of weeks ago due to the quattro. Been filling it up a tenner at a time as I wasn't sure if the car was going to be back yesterday, got through £20 yesterday so it could end up a costly bit of warranty work

toss up between the ef mirrors (shame no reversing tilt) or the auto boot lid (shame no auto closing)

Scotty, from what i understand, you need electric seats for this to work, and even then it doesnt tilt fully or return when reverse dis engaged.I may be wrong!!

As far as I'm aware you only need electric mirrors.

I have normal S-line seats i.e. electric lumber but no more than that.

If theory you only get dipping mirrors with the memory seats. Hence if you don't have the memory you can't set the drop position. However I find it fine.

It does also return up when I drive off (I've even changed the speed it does it at) and if I rotate the mirror away from the left -mirror position it'll come up.

Last edited:
Bang & O had a 11 plate avant whilst My clutch & flywheel were replaced under warranty ( bad judder in 1st/2nd gear)
standard music sounded garbage!!

Interesting you mention judder, I've driven a manual A4 3.0 Quattro and it had this, and I now have a '11 A6 2.0 Tdi manual (courtesy car) that also has this. Seems to be a feature of the manuals - particularly bad when changing into second.

Want my S-tronic back.