wheel arch liners

sabaxter

Reaction score
Hello this has been discussed before but I never recieved an answer to my question.

Does anyone have the part numbers for the front carpeted wheel arch liners?

I rang audo and they swore they never did carpet lined arches on the front.

By carpet I nean the material used on all the rear wheel arches.

Thanks in advance

They should make the road noise a bit more quiet be good on motorways

I thought they all came with the fabric arch liners? Can't help with the part number sorry.

Plastic front
Carpet rear on mine
It's 1.9 tdi saloon non Quattro 03

Not 100% sure but I think these are the part numbers: left 8E0821171C, right 8E0821172C
They are the same for petrol, S4 or diesel and they are described as "fleece liner housing".

there on the tdi.s
i havent got part number to hand but if you get a good parts man at audi or tps they will know the diffrence

Give them a call and ask for the front liners out of a b7 2.0TDI as mine came with them as standard, and i'm sure they will be the same shape as the b6 ones!

Thought so mines a tdi the rear are carpet but the front arent audi confuse me!

I have a 2003 130PD saloon which has carpeted liners all round.

Not looked at my rears but noticed my fronts on my 02 130pd sport avant were fabric.

Seems bizarre to me, surely this is what encourages the rust to the arches which mine does have the start of due to retaining moisture there?

It doesn't matter what inner arches you have they rust because of the bad design. Mine has plastic front and had rusted, when Audi replaced the wings they cut them back a bit and sealed them to the wings. I think it's to do with the inner arches rubbing against the wings and going though the paint they starts the rust. Anybody with a petrol b6 got fabric inner arches as it looks like diesels so far.

It doesn't matter what inner arches you have they rust because of the bad design. Mine has plastic front and had rusted, when Audi replaced the wings they cut them back a bit and sealed them to the wings. I think it's to do with the inner arches rubbing against the wings and going though the paint they starts the rust. Anybody with a petrol b6 got fabric inner arches as it looks like diesels so far.
Hi mate,

Are you able to explain a little about how they cut them back? How far from the edge did they cut them? Surely if they sealed them to the wing then you'd not be able to remove the arch liners?