Wheel fitment help

hypes

Reaction score
Hi,

I just need a bit of help/advise - I'm looking to buy some new wheels for my Audi A3 2.0T SLINE 2008 (pre facelift) please could someone help me with that fitment I need etc? I'm a bit clueless when it comes to wheels. I can see I need 5 stud and 18" but not sure about the offset, PCD, ET etc

Just to confirm these 18"s were factory fitted as it's the sline model.

Any help greatly appreciated

thank you

webmail

The wheels i'm looking at buying are:

18x8.0
ET35
5-112
Centre bore: 66.5mm

Will they fit OK?

I understand i need to use reducers for the centre bore, but I believe the ET might mean they stick out, is this correct?

Ive got et 43 on mine 8j wide with 225 tyres and wouldnt go any lower, there will be a few with lower but i didnt want any issues

standard fitment for 18" alloys if you want to keep the standard 225/40/18 tyres will be as follows

5x112 fitment
centre bore 57.1 (you can go for a larger centre bore with the addition of spigot rings)
offset (ET) should be maximum 56, minimum 41, you shouldn't need to change anything with the car or the tyres if you keep within these fitments
IF the offset is above maybeeee 50(ish?) you're better off with 7.5j wheels, if its below 50, 8j will fit without issue

You can start to do things like lowering the car and using smaller tyres, camber adjustments, removing screws from in the wheel arches and allsorts of other things if you wanna put ET35 wheels on

Genuine Audi a3 18s usually tend to be 18x7.5, with an offset of between 52-56
many people prefer the look of A4 alloys due to being a lower offset, around 42-45 as they sit more flush with the arches, you'll find a lot of aftermarket or non-genuine alloys sold for the A3 tend to be 18x8j with an offset of 45

the centre bore on newer A4 alloys I think is 66.5 or 66.6, spigot rings for 66.5-57.1 can be bought for a few quid anyway

Reactions: hypes
thanks dt8DPR very helpful