Wheel fitment question

S3_Jacko

Reaction score
Hola amigos..

Anybody running 225/35/19, 8.5J ET45 19" wheels on a lowered 8P

I'm sure thats around the boundaries of scrubbing and want peoples opinions on it please..

Cheers..

I ran 19x8J ET45 with 225/35/19 lowered 40~50mm on Eibach Sportline springs with zero rubbing. Dunno if that helps..

I ran 19x8J ET45 with 225/35/19 lowered 40~50mm on Eibach Sportline springs with zero rubbing. Dunno if that helps..

Yeah mate, the 8Js at that offset are ok, its the 8.5s i'm a little concerned about.. I'm roughly down about 35mm from S3 standard tho aswell, thats the thing

8/8.5J makes little difference when using the 225 tyre because the tyre has to stretch to fit the 8.5J rim. When it stretches it creates a gradient rather than a 90 degree angle with the wheel and doesn't rub. Anything lower than ET45 with 8.5J will rub though using 225 tyres.

8/8.5J makes little difference when using the 225 tyre because the tyre has to stretch to fit the 8.5J rim. When it stretches it creates a gradient rather than a 90 degree angle with the wheel and doesn't rub. Anything lower than ET45 with 8.5J will rub though using 225 tyres.

Yeah thats what i'm hoping for, the slight stretch will reduce the overall rolling radius slighly.. I know i'm flirting with scrubbing, but could always add slightly more camber if they do

You've seen my front arches with 225 40 18 8.5J.

It's when turning and going over uneven ground at the same time that does it cus there's maybe 5mm of clearance when the wheels are turned.

You've seen my front arches with 225 40 18 8.5J.

It's when turning and going over uneven ground at the same time that does it cus there's maybe 5mm of clearance when the wheels are turned.

What offset is yours at Josh?

Wheels are really difficult on the 3's.. Trying to get the best blend between looks and functionality is difficult.. Such crap arches on them

Wheels are really difficult on the 3's.. Trying to get the best blend between looks and functionality is difficult.. Such **** arches on them

Tbh most of the problems is due to it being so low, most other people don't have the issues hence why they say 225 on an 8.5J is fine

I must say from what I've read/seen on the forum @smurfworth 's car is lower than most. Looks amazing but can give issues.

I have tried and tested on my own car 19x8 ET45, 19x8.5 ET45 and right now I have 18x8 ET42

The 19s I had the car lowered 40-50mm on Eibach Sportline springs and right now it is on 30mm Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

Nothing has ever rubbed but I have ground down the arch liner screw head with a grinder. That way the fixing point is still there, the screw head is still there to be unscrewed but the flange around the head is removed on the inner side

Hope that helps

I have 19 x 9 ET52 all around on mine. 235/35/19 (so the same amount of stretch you would have) Spaced 10mm on the front and 20mm on the back so ET42 front and ET32 rear. -2.5 degree of camber on the rear.

I'm on air, but it doesn't rub on my drive height, which is pretty low. Lower than 50mm anyway.

I did bend my arch though, turing the wheel when I was too low. Nothing to do with the wheels though really.

When my front tyres expire I'll be going down at least one tyre size so they can turn more easily.

Reactions: Sayam