Wheel Help....

RS3 RV67

Reaction score
I have just picked up a 2017 plate RS3 and plan on making a few subtle mods...

1. First job was to lower 20mm on HR springs with some Vossens CVT, I have just had an email back from the US saying that Vossens don’t fit the RS3’s and the ones which do have them are running 20s, I really don’t want to run 20s as it’s an everyday car and want to keep the ride relatively ok!

Does anybody know of an alternative which has the same reputation and look of a Vossen?

2. I am also looking at going to MRC, has anybody got any stories about these guys good or bad...

Thanks...

Reactions: RSTHRILLER
Vossen vfs1 in 19” fit the RS3 look at swiftrs3 on instagram

Reactions: RS3 RV67
Thanks but already have them...do you rate them?

Reactions: RSTHRILLER
Very the looks fills the arch gap so well mine were the oem ones with opitional sports pack

It says the specs of his wheels in his bio.... they are 19”
I contacted him, correct 19s but he changed the brake system to get them to fit! Seems you are limited to what wheels fit without going to 20s, I wonder what impact 20s would have?!!

I contacted him, correct 19s but he changed the brake system to get them to fit! Seems you are limited to what wheels fit without going to 20s, I wonder what impact 20s would have?!!

I am sticking with 19” I want lightweight wheels. Going for Rays ZE40 and Signature SV501.

[QUOTE="RS3 RV67, post: 3194995, member: 127082

2. I am also looking at going to MRC, has anybody got any stories about these guys good or bad...

Thanks...[/QUOTE]
Can recommend MRC. Great reputation and my map was superb.

Reactions: T-800
Ispiri have assured me their 19s fit over the standard RS3 brakes.

Ok...thanks guys 19 ispiri ffr1d ordered today, can’t wait being fitted Thursday!!

Wheels ordered.....19 8.5j all 4....

The standard current set up I have is as follows

Front
19x8.5 running 255/30/19

Rear
19x8.5 running 235/35/19

Now I’m changing the wheels on the rear from 19/8j to a 8.5j size don’t I need to run the same size rubber ie have 255/30/19 all the way around? If I don’t won’t it effect the rolling radius and give me potential diff problems???

Ispiri have assured me their 19s fit over the standard RS3 brakes.

The FFR1 needs a small spacer on the front. I went with 5mm but you may get by with 4mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok...thanks guys 19 ispiri ffr1d ordered today, can’t wait being fitted Thursday!!

Wheels ordered.....19 8.5j all 4....

The standard current set up I have is as follows

Front
19x8.5 running 255/30/19

Rear
19x8.5 running 235/35/19

Now I’m changing the wheels on the rear from 19/8j to a 8.5j size don’t I need to run the same size rubber ie have 255/30/19 all the way around? If I don’t won’t it effect the rolling radius and give me potential diff problems???
I’ve been told to run 245/35/19 tyres on 8.5/19 38offset

The FFR1 needs a small spacer on the front. I went with 5mm but you may get by with 4mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that 8.5x19J ET45? If so, I'll pass on my disappointment to Ispiri.

Hi Guys,

So many conflicting opinions here so just called Doug at MRC he advised that the 255 fronts are indeed to help offset underteer which we all know, he then went onto say that because you have changed the rear from an 8j to 8.5j to marry all fours corners you should indeeed marry up the four tyres.

I asked what tyres he would put on if it was his car and he said 255/30 on all 4 corners....

Hi Guys,

So many conflicting opinions here so just called Doug at MRC he advised that the 255 fronts are indeed to help offset underteer which we all know, he then went onto say that because you have changed the rear from an 8j to 8.5j to marry all fours corners you should indeeed marry up the four tyres.

I asked what tyres he would put on if it was his car and he said 255/30 on all 4 corners....
Just try the standard fronts on the back that should give you an idea of how the fit and look

That does not sound right. When you change only the alloy wheel from 8j to 8.5j nothing has changed with the contact area of the tyres.

Lets assume for simplicity the offsets remain as per OEM and the only difference on the rear is going from 8j to 8.5j. If you use the oem 235 tyre nothing has changed other than a little more stretch to fit the half inch spread over inner and outer rim. The tyre contact and grip remains the same. Thus the handling stays the same.

By putting 255 on the rear you will cancel out the benefit of the wider front.

I have 8.5 all round with OEM staggered setup of 255 front and 235 rear. No issues.

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Would love to see a picture with the FFR1D's on as its the wheel i want!