Wheel refurb done wrong???

The wheels had already been refurbished when I bought the car. They claim there wasn't enough material on them to start with and they didn't try to diamond cut them, just masked off and sprayed the spokes to cover the scratches.
At the end of the day they are paying for all 4 wheels to be powder coated and honestly the way people speak of diamond cut wheels flaking and lacquer peeling, I'm glad I won't have that problem now and if I kurb one I will just pay 40 to have it ready powder coated and not 140 for diamond cut. I'm happy with the resolution. Let's see if I say the same once I see the satin black wheels lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ah - no worries. The last thing I wanted is for you to be disadvantaged from them trying to wriggle out of it. If you're happy with the outcome, that's all that matters really - just make sure you pick a good colour lol

Reactions: Buxton2901
Satin black !!!
31f060d85c4a91652c485f1639d0b032.jpg
334e52b3f45c08acf57a59af20daf31b.jpg

Reactions: NevMan
The one thing I'd say is try and keep a bit of contrast between the wheels and the car - I do like that dark satin.

amazes me in this age of taking photos of everything including your dinner that no one seems to think of snapping a pic of their mileage when leaving their car w/ someone.
a very very good point, I must remember to do this next time :whistle2: In my defence, I never take pics of my dinner lol

Here we go. The finished article. Doesnt look great as the wheels and the car are now dirty. Will look better when clean and calipers are going red also
8d40b01bb2eebbb62d20f8714e8085c0.jpg
0ccdff15855b9d4833fdf2c2d74c02df.jpg
dd8b18e9aadf952f29fa8255ab529476.jpg

Reactions: Pinky1959
Wheels look nice and suit the car, I'm glad you didn't go for bronze.
Don't do the calipers red though. There isn't any other red bits on the car to tie in the colours.
Try a dark grey to contrast the alloys and tie in to the car's paintwork. IMO.

Well would you ****** believe it one of the wheels has kurbbed itself. Mrs been driving the car all week and said she's not been near any kurbs. We've only had the car back 5 days...... 5 ****** days and it's ruined already. I wonder why I bother I really do
d82175ed2beb13e07b98f5248549f034.jpg
0408dd65ff7bcc665abd500b8040e026.jpg

Reckon you could repair it yourself with a bit of time and care

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

How would I go about that mate?
Bit of fine sandpaper and some satin black paint?

Would cost me 70quid for them to powder coat it again

Just put up with it and carry a sharpie in the car that closely matches the colour.
No point in re-doing them every 5 days, you'll be bankrupt.

Whatever you do, get it done quick - although it's dry at the moment, it'll still start to corrode, so seal it up quick. Best (cheapest) bet is a matching paint touch up pen.

If the misses is going to be driving it get some of them plastic rim protectors,Get red to match your calipers when/if you paint them or black so they don’t stand out

Have considered having them dual coated to maintain the diamond cut effect? I did this on my M6. They basically powder coat the wheel one colour then mask it up and do it again in the other colour.

If you check the pic below it look like the wheel is diamond cut but it isn’t. I also wanted this so that if I kerbed one it was be a simple refurb and a more durable finish.

Attachments

• 9747B792-2585-4C33-AAB3-399F68D363FE.jpeg
    9747B792-2585-4C33-AAB3-399F68D363FE.jpeg
    754.4 KB · Views: 306
Well would you ****** believe it one of the wheels has kurbbed itself. Mrs been driving the car all week and said she's not been near any kurbs. We've only had the car back 5 days...... 5 ****** days and it's ruined already. I wonder why I bother I really do
d82175ed2beb13e07b98f5248549f034.jpg
0408dd65ff7bcc665abd500b8040e026.jpg

Oh no mate, nightmare. Must be the semi autonomy system taking over and kerbing the alloy ♂️

If the misses is going to be driving it get some of them plastic rim protectors,Get red to match your calipers when/if you paint them or black so they don’t stand out

Think they are called gators

Well would you ****** believe it one of the wheels has kurbbed itself. Mrs been driving the car all week and said she's not been near any kurbs. We've only had the car back 5 days...... 5 ****** days and it's ruined already. I wonder why I bother I really do [emoji

Shouldn't really laugh but the exact same thing happened to me, except my wife admitted responsibility! Freshly powder coated gloss black alloys lasted 2 days, I used fine sandpaper and some airfix enamel as a 'temporary' repair, that was 2 years ago and I haven't had them fixed yet.

When it's due tyres I'm going to get them redone in satin.

I've bought a satin black touch up pen from Halfords so we'll see how it ends up looking.

Cheers lads

Sorry I must have skipped a page when browsing this last night. Didn't realise they'd already been done. look good!