Wheel refurb gone bad???

Buxton2901

Reaction score
So the garage that replaced my wheel bearing damaged the paint on my alloy and it's been back with them this week for a refurb, but I picked it up today and the wheel is in worse condition after the refurb.
Am I being too fussy here. Or is this unacceptable???
31bfaec564d09253fa322e4a0bd5f1b5.jpg
36eab1618c82709c0134130aaed92472.jpg
28180604c8f4d446f48dede740fb52f1.jpg
cbb05471dd2ac762dfe2ab84f97cf4e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Your are not being fussy - it looks like they masked it off - badly and used any spray they had handy.

I think you should cut your losses and get the wheel / wheels to a professional refurbushers - did mine the first week I picked the car up - £50 to sort in about an hour while I waited ( did book a slot ) . Didn't need to remove the tyre just deflated it.

Some where like these chaps http://www.directfinish.co.uk/alloy-wheel-repairs-centre/3346419

You will always have your eye drawn to the marks & it will p.ss you off every day so go somewhere else & no doubt you won't be going back to the garage again.

P1050331 1

Last edited:
Just reviewed my dashcam footage and the wheel refurb company which the dealer used clearly decided to use my car to pop home at lunch time on Thursday.
I'm not happy about that.
Is this acceptable????

Absolutely not as they have in fact stolen your car - you didn't give them permission to use your car.
The original garage should have just removed the wheel and taken it to the refurb Co. not the car.

I would go back to the garage that damaged the wheel & present the footage - then wait for their reaction and keep silent - use your phone to record the process. I would want both front wheels refurbished by another company as compensation or a discounted off the original repair to the bearing.

What a hassle :rage:

Reactions: Buxton2901
Just reviewed my dashcam footage and the wheel refurb company which the dealer used clearly decided to use my car to pop home at lunch time on Thursday.
Is this acceptable????

Jesus christ no. Definitely go back to the garage. I assume it was a main audi dealer? If so ask what the dealer principle is going to do first. Nice and calm. If the resolution is not acceptable go to audi Uk.

Thats really really bad. If that was me I would be going bat shat crazy but presenting my anger in a calm way of course...

Good luck.

you can only have those wheels refurbed so much then its pick a colour time. one of mine is is tuned down as much as it can go

Jesus christ no. Definitely go back to the garage. I assume it was a main audi dealer? If so ask what the dealer principle is going to do first. Nice and calm. If the resolution is not acceptable go to audi Uk.

Thats really really bad. If that was me I would be going bat shat crazy but presenting my anger in a calm way of course...

Good luck.
It's a Lloyd mini/bmw dealership actually which is where I purchased my bitdi from a few months ago.
Im raging that the car was used during the repair but more concerned that the alloy seems to not have enough material left for another refurb. The face is almost flush with the spokes.

there's no mor cuts to be had on that wheel bud, christ how deep were the scratches ?
no 'before' pics ?

Is this acceptable????
Absolutely not.
Surely that falls under twoc I'd be fuming