Wheel Refurb Spot the Difference - Would You Accept it?

RS3_Scott

Reaction score
So I just received my car back from the garage I bought it from. 1 x front wheel was being refurbed by them under warranty due to corrosion issue, so while it was being done at same time I decided to refurb the other front wheel which I kerbed by accident. See below what I got back.

I'll let every one play spot the difference before I point out what I'm not happy with.

Refurbed Front 1
RS3 SV69URR Front Wheel 2

Refurbed Front Wheel 2
RS3 SV69URR Front Wheel 2

Vs stock wheel, how it should look
RS3 SV69URR Rear Wheel 2

3rd one is the only one I'd be happy with. Not a chance I'd accept those.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimojameso and RS3_Scott
3rd one is the only one I'd be happy with. Not a chance I'd accept those.

Just realised 3rd wheel is stock lol. Its the Audi sport. Looks like a sticker to me! Get them back.

Just realised 3rd wheel is stock lol. Its the Audi sport. Looks like a sticker to me! Get them back.

Yeah, I noticed straight away, went straight back to the garage

Luckily the garage seem to be on my side and are also looking into it for me. owner of the business even got back to me and said it will be sorted out.

Yeah the logo colour? Yes they are white and should be grey.
I'm talking about the wheel colour, unless it is just the angle and light the refurbed ones look almost black as opposed to the factory anthracite.

Reactions: garethdj
I'm talking about the wheel colour, unless it is just the angle and light the refurbed ones look almost black as opposed to the factory anthracite.
Yeah factory wheel aren't a flat gloss black. Have a slight metallic fleck to them, hard to tell from photos though.

Possibly just angle and light. As far as I was aware the wheels weren't repainted, just edges machined.

The new decals were needed I believe as after machining they wouldn't be centered. Although the old ones would have been better that what they put on!

Possibly just angle and light. As far as I was aware the wheels weren't repainted, just edges machined.

The new decals were needed I believe as after machining they wouldn't be centered. Although the old ones would have been better that what they put on!
Don't know how they couldn't have been repainted. The originals are under the lacquer/paint as far as I can tell!

Lol they could’ve at least used the curved decals instead of the straight ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS3_Scott, DaFlux and garethdj
Lol they could’ve at least used the curved decals instead of the straight ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aye, the colour of the wheel I can probably live with. But the decals are not only the wrong size, colour, and orientation, they've been applied squint.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Garage came back this morning with an option..........
We could put the refurbed wheels on one side, so at least each side would look the same :wtf:

It's when you get answers like that, you know you are going to have a uphill battle on your hands.