Wheel sizing to lowering? S3

turbonutz

Reaction score
As i am about to have my s3 lowered about 30 mm from standard not too distant and wanting to put on 19x8.5j et 44 o.z superturismo LM wheels on prolly with 225,35 r19 tyres , i was wondering if anyone has tried the same(or there abouts lowering) and rougly same wheel dimensions and if any issues or complications? anyinfo would be great because the whole wheel thing confuses me :( Im also having 4 pot porsche 996 brake calipers fitted soon but im confident these wheels will clear them with a good gap.

thanks

You using springs or coilovers to lower it? I had 25mm H&R springs with 19 x 8.5 ET45 (225/35 tyres) with no problems at all :icon_thumright:

This has helped me too! As I was not sure to go ahead and order some bbs CK's and they are et 44 8 x 19

So I should be well ok!

I've got 8.5j 18" et 35 BBS, lowered with ap x coilovers for 50mm and not rubbing or knocking (unless sharp cornering)... Wheels inline with arch but still good :)

Tyres 225, 40...
You probably must go with lower profile tyres, prob 225,35

Hope it helps :)

You using springs or coilovers to lower it? I had 25mm H&R springs with 19 x 8.5 ET45 (225/35 tyres) with no problems at all :icon_thumright:

What shocks were you using with these springs mate? Sorry for thread hijack!

This has helped me too! As I was not sure to go ahead and order some bbs CK's and they are et 44 8 x 19

So I should be well ok!

You should be fine I'm lowered 50mm on 18x8 ET43 no problem at all.