Wheel spacer question

AvantAlexB7

Reaction score
So im after some spacers for my Avant. Im needing feonts anyway so my wheels fit over my new Brembo's but fancy shifting the rear out too.

Found this pic on the interwebs that is pretty much exactly what im after
Screenshot 20200201 174443 Gallery

Does anyone happen to know the mm of spacer required to achieve that look on the rear?

Also a couple of other questions related to spacers. I apologise im a spacer newby!

I know its hubcentric spacers i need but is there any recommendations on which brand to go for?

And as for wheel bolts, what are people doing for replacing the locking wheel bolt? Is there an aftermartket long wheel bolt kit out there ive missed?

Thanks in advance

Alex

That's a fair old offset going on Alex,that's got to be at least around the ET30 mark, certainly more than ET35 judging by the rear wheel arch clearance.
May I make a suggestion Alex, before you rush out and buy spacers blindly do the washer packing exercise first.
You will get a better idea on what thickness spacers work best for you and for your avant, a bit off time spent doing the sizing will save a lot of messing around later, been there so many times myself.

OEM offset on the DTM 18" ronals is ET43 if I recall, you will need 10mm to get to ET33 and those pics you put up look more still more something like ET30 or 29.
Where did you find the pic as there maybe a link to the owner and he can clarify what spacer thickness he fitted.
How much clearance space to you expect to get between the 18z and alloy at the closest point Alex.

you can get longer locking bolts, I don't use them myself and haven't lost my alloys yet.

I'd also take a guess that saloon is running coilovers.

That not a European spec car either , looks like a US variant, but that won't effect wheel spacing .

Your on 8j , these are 8.5j et35 so add on 6mm and that's ET29 and still not quite as far out.

I would say you need at the very least 15mm on the rear Alex.

IMG 1324 1dert

Does anyone happen to know the mm of spacer required to achieve that look on the rear?

Best thing to do is get a ruler and measure how many mm you can go out from your current setup.

I know its hubcentric spacers i need but is there any recommendations on which brand to go for?

All much of a much mate, brand doesn't matter much so long as they're hubcentric like you say.

as for wheel bolts, what are people doing for replacing the locking wheel bolt? Is there an aftermartket long wheel bolt kit out there ive missed?

Yeah mate, your right in that allot of the kits don't come with locking wheel nuts so what I did was bought 16 longer regular bolts and as a separate purchase 4 longer locking wheel nuts with the key, if anything probably better to go a couple quid more on the locking wheel nuts as the heads on mine wore down a bit which made them a bit of a pain to remove again after wheels being swapped a few times.

My wheels are et35 alex and id want another 5mm so without being spot on id definitely say they was around 30et at least so your be needing something in the 13mm mark which will be hard to find 15mm may be overkill and cause rubbing so id say go 10mm be safe and it will look a million times better.

A lot of 10's don't sit flush over the centre boss so some grinding is needed , 12mm is a better choice but the further out you go and you will suffer inner arch rub, I get it on my old bus under load on Et29 , well I used to get it on ET33 aswell to be honest but not that often.

here you go chap, you can see the shinny area that has been rubbing the arch liner just under the arch lip, and not loaded down either.

First things first is a pair of new rear tires. The pilot sport 3's i have on the rear have a rounded side wall compared to the pilot sport 4s i have up front that have a very square profile. I think the squarer profile wil help a bit.

Im looking at 10mm at the front and 10-15 at the rear.

What i might be better off doing is picking up a set of 10mms and give them a try front and rear.

Im looking at 10mm at the front and 10-15 at the rear.

What i might be better off doing is picking up a set of 10mms and give them a try front and rear.
Best to get a ruler or tape measure to see what seems about right from your current wheels to the arches.

That's not a hole Alex, its a water droplet...if I had a hole that size it would have been replaced long ago, optical illusion .

this is a hole Alex , also the down side of non standard offsets...

IMG 2201abc

here is what ET35 8j with 18z's look like Alex, you can see they are still not that far out compared to your pic.

Rials

If you want to try some sizes before commiting to buying , I have a selection here you can borrow with bolts .
I'm using the 5's (blue arrow) but the rest are spares.

IMG 1950 LI

If you have a little arch rub get one of those £20 arch rollers Alex and give it a go. Ill do it if you do it first :yes: