Wheel spacer recommendation

Gavin_s3

Reaction score
Currently running 225/40/18 wheels.
AP Coilovers with 2 threads left on the rear & 3 threads left on the front.

Wanting some spacers as at the moment the wheels looked tucked away lost in the arches.

Any recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    762.8 KB · Views: 1,865
15mm back 5 or 10 front for me!

I'm not sure on sizes for lowered cars but I can highly recommend H&R hubcentric spacers

I'm not sure on sizes for lowered cars but I can highly recommend H&R hubcentric spacers

Cheers Rob, thats the brand im looking at. It's the sizes I'm unsure about as well.

Mines a standard A3 Sline and i've just put on 15mm rear and 12mm front. No issues. I think lowered you might struggle with 15 at the rear. Mines quite close to the arch so on a bumpy road might catch when lowered.

Running standard 225/40/18's

Had 15's on my S line. Didn't have any rubbing issues.

Just ordered the same from dubstop on eBay, hubcentric and bolts for about £60

What ever you decide to go for make sure you get a decent set. I ran ST on the back and a cheap set on the front which cracked after a couple of month

Is anyone running these? Thinking of running 8mm all round, should provide the look I'm after and shouldn't cause any rubbing issues (hopefully)

Attachments

• IMG_1004.PNG
    IMG_1004.PNG
    357.4 KB · Views: 1,437
I'd say 10mm front and 12mm rear to avoid any chances of rubbing.

Let me know if we can be any help with info or prices.

Damian @ DPM Performance

What price can you do 8mm Eibach spacers for?

10mm & 12mm seems to be the most popular option but regardless of whatever width you're going for, at least go 2mm thicker on the rear as the fronts naturally sit wider.

Mine with 12mm front and 15mm rear. Completely standard Sline suspension on an A3 Quattro 170. No rubbing with rear passengers or boot full of rubbish.

Attachments

• photostudio_1494587621406.jpg
    photostudio_1494587621406.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 2,810
In regards to the above, remember that the S3 sits 15mm lower than the A3. I've got 18''/8J/ET45 alloys and I'm currently on stock suspension, I accidentally put 12mm spacers on the rear which caused awful rubbing (even with the rear arch screws removed). I replaced the rear spacers straight away with 5mm ones which are fine and will be for when I drop it 30mm on the front and 20mm on the back with Coilovers.

I didn't realise s3 was any lower the an Sline a3. Guy down road has one and his doesn't look any lower, appears to have same wheel arch gap as mine. Must be deceiving. I'm also running stock 18's.

Ah my apologies, the S-Line suspension is also dropped by 15mm as well. You're running S3 Rotors which are 18''/7.5J/ET54, with 12mm & 15mm spacers, then your offset is now ET42 & ET39. My alloys are 18''/8J/ET45, so with 12mm spacers on the rear made it ET33, so being wider and a lower offset meant I was getting terrible rubbing. I've only got 5mm on the rear now so offset is ET45 and ET40 which does the job (may get 2/3mm on the front) and should be fine for when the coilies get fitted.

Gavin I'm not sure how far you're dropped on the AP's but I can see from the picture that you've got Rotors, are these the S3 Rotors or are they from another Audi? The dimensions vary depending on model which is why I ask. Providing that you have the S3 Rotors which are 18''/7.5J/ET54, then 10mm on the front and 12mm on the rear will be ideal being lowered, this will make your offset ET44 & ET42 which isn't far off what I've got and I'm going to be dropping 30mm on the front and 20mm on the rear with AP coilovers and shouldn't experience any rubbing. Make sure to remove the rear arch screws as well if you haven't already. Regardless of the brand you go for, make sure that they're hub centric spacers and that the extended bolts (around 40mm) are Radius (not Tapered) as this is the type Audi use on their stock alloys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gavin_s3, Jps3290 and Kaine19
I have an S3 2009 model. I have 15mm spacers on the rear and there is slight rubbing with passengers when cornering etc. I have H+R springs fitted as well.
I would recommend 10 or 12 on the rear, not 15.
The front is standard.

Reactions: Gavin_s3
Think I'm going for 8mm all round, cars Lowered about 40mm so don't want to risk any rubbing. Just to improve the appearance.

Wheels come with the car and I've never checked what fitment they are. I'm ordering some new alloys soon, 18x8 et35 apparently fit the s3 8p.

Last edited:
Wheels come with the car and I've never checked what fitment they are. I'm ordering some new alloys soon, 18x8 et35 apparently fit the s3 8p.

It's hard to tell, but they look like 18's (and you said they look tucked away) which most likely means that they're the S3 Rotors which are 18''/7.5J/ET54. After my experience with stock suspension, 18''/8J/ET45 alloys and then 12mm spacers on the rear making it ET33, I would strongly advise against getting ET35, especially as you're dropped 40mm because you will 100% get rubbing on the rear. I did without passengers and the rear arch screws removed, which is why I removed them asap and fitted 5mm on the rear instead for ET40 which is fine.