Wheel spacers

Husk

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm looking into purchasing wheel spacers.

Unsure what brand to buy and what thickness will look best.

If anybody could maybe show me some pictures with them on or pass any information on I'd very much appreciate it.

Cheers

Jon

Why spacers? not really something you fit just for the hell of it. If you do, then you have to be prepared to change the wheel bolts/studs as well, they need to be longer so the nuts still screw on.

H&R or Forge... I bought 30mm Forge of someone from here, a good pair I have to say :)
Of course H&Rs are bit more pricey than any other ones out there!

You need to check your wheels inner and outer offset and buy spacers for the remaining offset!

Hope it helps mate :)

Why spacers? not really something you fit just for the hell of it. If you do, then you have to be prepared to change the wheel bolts/studs as well, they need to be longer so the nuts still screw on.

I'm not just fitting them just for the hell of it.
When I eventually get myself some coilovers I'd like the wheels to look flush with the body to give it a more wider look.
Most of the kits on eBay come with longer bolts anyway.

H&R or Forge... I bought 30mm Forge of someone from here, a good pair I have to say :)
Of course H&Rs are bit more pricey than any other ones out there!

You need to check your wheels inner and outer offset and buy spacers for the remaining offset!

Hope it helps mate :)

Id like to get a decent brand to be fair.

I roughly measured the inner and outer offset, seems to be around 10-15mm, but I'm worried about if my tyre will rub on the archs.

Id like to get a decent brand to be fair.

I roughly measured the inner and outer offset, seems to be around 10-15mm, but I'm worried about if my tyre will rub on the archs.

Well if you're going to lower the car then it's best to be on the safe side, I say go with 10mm then, but I honestly don't like my wheels to be too narrow... in my opinion 7.5J and 8J are still narrow, only 8.5 and 9J looks good, anything less than 8.5J looks narrow from behind... for front 8J is fine

Investing on alloys would be much worth and wiser choice in my opinion

What's your alloys?

Cheers

Reactions: Husk
I have a prefacelift S3 have 15mm rear and 10mm front with standard 18" wheels and standard ride height. Looks so much better and no rubbing even when car full.

Reactions: Husk
H&R are one of the best out there and the most popular option is 10mm front and 12mm rear but it will be dependent on how low you have the car set and also what wheels you're running.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: Fanboy
I got mine off eBay hubcentric ones at a good price not H&R ones but donthe job. Also had to get 15mm longer wheel bolts and also good locking nuts.

Well if you're going to lower the car then it's best to be on the safe side, I say go with 10mm then, but I honestly don't like my wheels to be too narrow... in my opinion 7.5J and 8J are still narrow, only 8.5 and 9J looks good, anything less than 8.5J looks narrow from behind... for front 8J is fine

Investing on alloys would be much worth and wiser choice in my opinion

What's your alloys?

Cheers

Thanks for the advice mate.

I'm not sure what they are called but there the 7 spoke 18's you have on black editions.

Still not got any spacers, I am thinking about 19" Rotas now.

i had lowering springs, with the stock 18x7.5J and 15mm in the front, and 20mm in the back, and they were rubbing in the back. so i machined them down to 13 in the front and 17 in the back, and they stopped rubbing.

so going 10 in the front and 15 in the back will be the safest way to go

Reactions: KentKid
Just fitted 15mm front and rear.

Rear looks spot on but looks a little too wide on the front but I wanted to make sure I cleared the new brake calipers up front

12mm back and 10mm front my self. Not lowered yet but will be this week

I had 16mm on rear and 10mm front, the rear had a minimal amount of scrub when fully loaded with roof box 4 teenagers and 3 holiday bags, hand luggage and a broken rear spring as I found when changing the springs.
Up for sale with extended bolts and extended locking bolts if interested.
AKDJ9888