wheel spacers

Chipmunk73

Reaction score
Im after putting a set of 15mm spacers on rear 2015 s4 19in stock wheels. Which are the safest bet.. the ones that screw on then use your own bolts or the ones that have longer bolts.. can anyone confirm exact fitting i need 112/5 /57.1mm etc ... thanks everyone.. any big down fall to runningva 10 to 15mm spacer on back ???

I just recently put 15mm spacers on the back with longer bolts. No issues at all.

I can confirm centre bore is 66.6mm

Reactions: Chipmunk73
CB on the b8 is 66.5mm but 66.6mm will be fine. I have used both on my S4 without any issues.

The ones that bolt to the hub then have separate bolts for the wheels are usually for spacers over 20mm.

15mm with longer bolts will be fine.

Screenshot 20180513 203216
can you confirm this is right .. just dont want hassle on ebsy lol .. . This has straight bolts for stock wheels .. but why do some have tapered bolts??

You definitely want radius bolts.

Taper bolts are generally used on aftermarket wheels.

762cae5a5b8c0de991d0feb4c6d75ee0.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up flat bolts for stock wheels it is
No, OE fitment wheels are Radius seat on VAG cars. Aftermarket wheels are conical/ tapered seat . Flat bolts are used on certain manufacturers wheels mainly Japanese cars.

I wouldn't mind a modestset of spacers (say 10-12mm all round) on mine, but I'm conscious that they push the rims out that bit further, and I've already got quite a tight fit in the underground car park at work. Even after using it for over a year, I'm still nervous of positioning the car just right, and adding spacers would just increase my anxiety levels. :neutral:

Im like a cat ... if i get my head through the rest will fit there only going on back 15mm .. it will just take me flush with top of wheel arch ..maybe overhang couple of mm .. hard to tell untill i get on.. wouldnt have on the front. . Do a lot of tight turns and would be a pain getting lock on i imagine ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180515-194036.png
    Screenshot_20180515-194036.png
    401.3 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: forty3
Hay, just to butt in, i would personally always go hubcentric, the ones you bolt to the hub then use the standard wheel bolts to bolt on to the spacer, i just dont like the idea of longer bolts and the extra stress, and when i first ever got spacers was given the same advice by everyone I spoke to, that i should avoid the bolt throughs.
I also only use H&R, I have seen a few posts of cracked spacers on instagram which was ebay specials. @DPM on here will give you a forum discount /price match usually :)

Reactions: DPM
I always thought it depended on the amount you was going to space out .. 20.. to 30mm bolt on and bolt to spacer .. 5mm to 15mm more suitable to longer bolts as not thick enough space to seat bolts? Can anyone confirm?

But i am deffo interested if someone can put me in touch with a more reliable source for these 15mm spacers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180516-230156.png
    Screenshot_20180516-230156.png
    218.2 KB · Views: 153
one thing i noticed is the b8+ audis have quite a big lip on the hub, do not get spacers with a smaller lip than the standard. if you measure it, should be 12 or 13mm i think. honestly 15 would be fine, but 10 will have a smaller lip than the hub.

(Problem?)Guys .. i finally got my spacers on .. they look great and make the car look slightly chunkier .they make the wheel flush with the arch .. this now worries me . The wheel would norm go under arch if say hit big bump.. but whats the chance of it hitting the outside edge of the arch as it is now flush ?? There is approx 3in gap from tyre to edge of wheel arch
I am on stock s4 suspesion quite firm as no selective comfort/auto/dymamic pack .. i didnt think about this problem all through this conversation lol .. thought ide covered every angle ...haha

(Problem?)Guys .. i finally got my spacers on .. they look great and make the car look slightly chunkier .they make the wheel flush with the arch .. this now worries me . The wheel would norm go under arch if say hit big bump.. but whats the chance of it hitting the outside edge of the arch as it is now flush ?? There is approx 3in gap from tyre to edge of wheel arch
I am on stock s4 suspesion quite firm as no selective comfort/auto/dymamic pack .. i didnt think about this problem all through this conversation lol .. thought ide covered every angle ...haha

What size spacers did you go for?

I have the equivalent of 16mm spacers on mine (A5 wheels, ET33 9J Vs ET43 8.5J) and it's fine. Thats on SLine suspension.

Thanks for info muzzareassuring
My s4 fitted with 255/19 all round stock.. what tire width and wheel size you on .. i know sline lower suspension
. I just gonna check if it same as s4 height..

Hi mate, like i said I run standard A5 black edition rotors. They are 19x9 ET33. Standard tyres 255/35/19

Get yourself some wheels with a decent offset and you don't need spacers ,ET35 and ET38 fill the arches perfectly

Reactions: Hellz
Looking good Ian, but what is the width of your Wheels, as that will have an effect on the perceived offset

Looking good Ian, bit what is the width of your Wheels, as that will have an effect on the perceived offset
Not sure on wheel width but Tyres are 255_35_R19. I also have Eibach sport lowering springs.

Thx muzza u cert put my mind at rest thx . Got my powervalve on yesterday

Attachments

• 20180524_141419.jpg
    20180524_141419.jpg
    662.4 KB · Views: 116