Wheel/Tyre combination

mattwez378

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the RS3 world, have a quick question although I have been looking through the winter tyre post.

My RS has the standard wheels and tyres on it, can I fit 235 tyres on the rear? By that I mean on the standard diamond cut wheels? Not sure I like the look of the 225's

Also what would your suggestion for all year round tyres? Are eagle F1's any good? Won't be doing many track days, but may go to the 'ring next year

Thanks in advance

I have 235/35 19 MPSS for summer use as shown below and Vredestein Wintrac Xtreams for winter use and ALL on the STD 8J rim on the rear without problem:

P1020274x_zpstntko2z0.jpg

I have 235/35 19 MPSS for summer use as shown below and Vredestein Wintrac Xtreams for winter use and ALL on the STD 8J rim on the rear without problem:

P1020274x_zpstntko2z0.jpg

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if the wheels were the same front and rear, once the conti's are worn out I'll be changing to something else I'm not a fan of them, will probably consider buying a second set of rims for some winter tyres....

Nice blue by the way

Reactions: 45bvtc
The STD wheels are 8J front and rear and that's what I use in winter with 235s front and rear

The photo of my car has the optional 8.5J fronts with 255/30s and the 8Js on the rear with 235/35s.

Without doubt you should fit MPSS tyres, no question...

While I love your Daytona grey, and had we had the choice is what we would have chosen, our Cornflower blue had been a special order and one of the first in the UK and the only RS3 available the day after I'd driven 'that' Misano demonstrator at Stafford Audi in September 2011 and I/we just had to have it; and we still have it, and will continue to have it for a looooong time yet... :superman:

And here's what you can do on winters....

BLUEYSNOWRS3749_zps1aab39e0.jpg

:wink: Thanks again for your advice, although I have read great reviews about MPSS tyres, and will probably fit them, I am intrigued to find out if the Dunlop SP Sport Mxx RT (the better tyre on paper) would be any good for summer use? If anyone has tried these?

I would have liked a blue RS3 more as my previous A3 2.0TDI was the same grey as my RS and looking at it from a distance and squinting a bit it looks like the same car :wink:

I plan on keeping mine for many years to come so anything that helps keep it on the black stuff is greatly appreciated :yes:

Reactions: 45bvtc
I would have liked a blue RS3 more as my previous A3 2.0TDI was the same grey as my RS and looking at it from a distance and squinting a bit it looks like the same car :wink:
/QUOTE]

Thank you for that as that's EXACTLY how I want my RS3 to look... :racer: