Wheel Woolies?

AndrewW

Reaction score
Does anyone use wheel woolies? Are the genuine wheel woolies worth the £50 price tag or am I better off spending £20 on a set of lesser known brand ones from Amazon?

Does anyone use wheel woolies? Are the genuine wheel woolies worth the £50 price tag or am I better off spending £20 on a set of lesser known brand ones from Amazon?

Yes and yes.
Just buy them.

Reactions: AndrewW, 45bvtc, NevMan and 1 other person

I asked a similar question recently here;
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/best-alloy-wheel-brushes.383321/

Are they worth £50? In my opinion yes, without a doubt. Have a look at in2detailing.co.uk that's where I got mine from, pack of 3 and the angled one to get behind the spokes. in2detailing are now a site sponsor so you can soften the blow with 10% off using promo code asnet or I think that's what the code is.

Well worth getting a wheel sealer too.

Reactions: AndrewW, Bristle Hound and NevMan
As others have said, yes and yes.
Had mine over two years and going strong. Rinse off and shake after use and let it air dry for next time

Reactions: AndrewW, 45bvtc and josul
Yes and yes too....

Reactions: AndrewW, 45bvtc, josul and 1 other person
I'll be the first to differ. I got a set of the cheaper versions & with over a year of use are still as good as new,granted i never let my rims get really dirty & they have one of those spray on wash off ceramic coatings on them so for me they do the job.

Reactions: AndrewW and A4A4
Buy cheap pay twice!

I bought a wheel brush in March 2015 which cost £19...I thought god that was expensive......It's still like new over 4.5 years later ;)

Reactions: NevMan, AndrewW and CHEZ

sorry it's a no from me, don't use a wheel brush, just a demoted wash mitt for cleaning the wheels.

This does the job for me.

Reactions: AndrewW
sorry it's a no from me, don't use a wheel brush, just a demoted wash mitt for cleaning the wheels.

Aahh mate you have never lived.
Or have rotors...

Reactions: SiPie, NevMan, 45bvtc and 1 other person
Thanks everyone! Looks like the feedback is heavily towards buying the proper article.

It’s mainly for the inside of the rim to be honest, I do use a small soft brush ( valet pro chemical resistant) for the faces though.

Reactions: S32B, josul and CHEZ
@AndrewW - My recommendation would be genuine Wheel Woolies
I've had my set for around 5 years & they are still going strong
I've even used them to decontaminate the wheels with full strength CarPro IronX without it affecting the brushes
I would recommend buying the genuine 1's as there is lots of copies around

They are not cheap, so it all depends what you want & what you want to spend
https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/wheel-woolies.aspx

Reactions: AndrewW and josul
Cheers everyone, ordered myself the set of three so I'll give them a whirl next weekend!

Reactions: cuke2u, Bristle Hound, josul and 1 other person

You just cannot get all the way to the back/inside of the alloy, unless something like rotors as mentioned above

I've got them, they are really good -i debated it for ages too!

Reactions: josul, CHEZ and NevMan
I got some from Audi Swindon for £25 worked well to store my summers in the winter.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

I got some from Audi Swindon for £25 worked well to store my summers in the winter.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Huh?
I think someone has grasped the wrong end of the stick mate.

Screenshot 20190924 215658

Reactions: josul