Wheel Woolies

Ron240

Breaking the stereotype
Reaction score
Having just got my new car I have found a problem in cleaning my front wheels, in that it is not possible to get my hand between the brake disc and inside rim of the wheel to properly clean to the back of the wheel.
This annoys me because it will allow brake dust and dirt to build up over time in this area, and its always been an area I have made sure to routinely clean when washing previous cars.
I heard about Wheel Woolies a while ago but didn't bother with them because I didn't need them, but now I'm thinking they might be perfect for the job.
Ok at around £50 for the set of 3 they are not cheap, but if they do the job and are durable then I would seriously consider buying them.

Has anybody used these or can recommend something similar? Jassy I'm looking at you! :D

Edit.
I hve just found a thread from Sep. 2019 asking exactly the same thing, and they get a top recommendation by all who commented.
I probably should have looked first before posting my thread. :relaxed::innocent:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Having just got my new car I have found a problem in cleaning my front wheels, in that it is not possible to get my hand between the brake disc and inside rim of the wheel to properly clean to the back of the wheel.
This annoys me because it will allow brake dust and dirt to build up over time in this area, and its always been an area I have made sure to routinely clean when washing previous cars.
I heard about Wheel Woolies a while ago but didn't bother with them because I didn't need them, but now I'm thinking they might be perfect for the job.
Ok at around £50 for the set of 3 they are not cheap, but if they do the job and are durable then I would seriously consider buying them.

Has anybody used these or can recommend something similar? Jassy I'm looking at you! :D

Edit.
I hve just found a thread from Sep. 2019 asking exactly the same thing, and they get a top recommendation by all who commented.
I probably should have looked first before posting my thread. :relaxed::innocent:

100% brilliant and last forever or so it seems...

WHEEL

Reactions: Ron240
Wheel woolies are great, but I actually find EZ wheel brushes to be excellent in getting between alloys and calipers.

Use the small one on the Cooper S, and the larger one on my M40i

Ok I'm sold......have just placed an order for the 3 piece Wheel Woolies kit from Elite Car Care.
I have bought from them a few times in the past and was able to use the permanent 5% discount code - total price including delivery was £47.36

Reactions: 45bvtc
Great product but would also recommend getting the angled calliper and spoke brush too as it allows you to get into the in behind where the spokes meet the hub and rim. The handles are quite long so make it easy to clean right to back of 5he rim but also make it fiddly getting behind the spokes

Think they also do a version with a red sleeve on the handle which makes them easier to grip. If I was to replace I would get this version

You wont regret, I asked these nice people the same question, angled is a must. I think the little one needs a longer handle but a small gripe. The grips are great, need a one for my angled brush. Check my thread out and take note of the tyre brush, I had to get one from in2detailing due to stock, really pleased with it though. I use fairy to to clean and valet pro to dress as reccomend:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/best-alloy-wheel-brushes.383321/

Edit:

The Tac systems tyre dressing, "Blue Bottle" was oos too when ordering

Wheel woolies are great, but I actually find EZ wheel brushes to be excellent in getting between alloys and calipers.

Use the small one on the Cooper S, and the larger one on my M40i

I keep seeing these and others recommending them, look great and I kinda want them too just because well why not....

Reactions: NevMan
Wheel woolies are great. However, depending on the car you have there may be little space between the front calliper and alloy wheel. On mine I have to move the car half a wheel turn as even the small angled brush can’t fit in that gap

Reactions: SiPie and Ron240
depending on the car you have there may be little space between the front calliper and alloy wheel. On mine I have to move the car half a wheel turn as even the small angled brush can’t fit in that gap
Yep it is very tight.
I used to do this on a previous car and may have to again.
I was spoiled with the 19" 5 arm wing design alloys on my S3, they were sooooo easy to clean.

@Ron240 - Just make sure you get the originals as there is loads of copies around which are cr**
Had mine 8 years & they are still going strong
Used them with CarPro IronX & still no probs with them

Yep it is very tight.
I used to do this on a previous car and may have to again.
I was spoiled with the 19" 5 arm wing design alloys on my S3, they were sooooo easy to clean.

That is why I posted the ez wheels one, as they get in the tightest space the wheel woolies can’t

I got the Halfords equivalent wheel brush (which had decent reviews online), which goes perfectly between the caliper and the wheel, but the handle is like plasticine !! Still using it though!

I find these window cleaning micro-fibre wash-sleeves an amazing tool:

Window cleaning microfibre

For sure these micro-fibre wash-sleeves are able get in places most others 'brushes' don't - between caliper and wheel rim for example!

Oh, and am STILL using my time honoured domestic FLASH dilution:

Flash mix

Last edited:
Reactions: RS3 S.

Edit.
Plus Add some alloy wheel cleaner to your order l use it for cleaning the wheel barrels only ....saves a lot time and effort

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

My Wheel Woolies were delivered today, so will give them a go at the weekend. :)

Reactions: 45bvtc, josul and Jassyo06
I’ve got these too ... same issue of small gap between the front callipers & rim.

Reactions: NevMan
I’ve got these too ... same issue of small gap between the front callipers & rim.
yep, and me, that is why I got the EZ brushes too :)

Upload 2020 7 20 13 8 22

And the larger one for the wheel arches, works a treat:

Upload 2020 7 20 13 9 0

Reactions: Snake Pliskin